1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/10/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2019.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

MDA's failure to utilize EG in the offense lead to this failure. He isn't a good coach. Only two options on offense are easy to defend.

2. Mr. Space City

Gotta commend Kerr for trusting young guys like Quinn Cook and Jordan Bell in a HUGE game, and it payed off for him.

I guess it pays to put a little time, effort, and most importantly trust in developing young guys.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This team never learn from their loss.

They embarrass themselves season after season.

I remember that Spurs ever lost a championship in final 28s becoz of stupid mistake, and then next season they came back stronger and got the championship.

Rockets never make it.

RyanB likes this.
  4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I agree with this statement but it's easy to trust young guys when you have a game to spare.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This loss is most definitely not on Harden or CP3 lol. They just got outplayed. Much more blame should go towards Capela. He had to be much better than he was all series. Plain and simple, if Capela shows up the Rockets win this series with ease. He proved he is not worth his contract.

RyanB likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

At least they can't use that dumbass #RunItBack #RunAsOne slogan for a third year in a row. :D

Your guys weren't ready to compete and now they're staying home. How do you like that Thaddeus?!

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The last coach trusting young players we have is Kevin McHale.

8. VanityHalfBlack

iso plays killed us or?

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

HP3 and jcf like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

How about "Walk it back" or "Stride forward" or "Run it back, again?"

smp likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Another team will rise after Warriors win again

RyanB likes this.
  12. smp

smp Member

How about “Dribble out the clock”. Or “ISO again”. Maybe “No Luxury Tax”. “1 all star is enough”. Tilman seems to be working on something about “Multiple Championships”. Lol

Eh. None of those are great. We have all summer to figure out a new slogan though.

RyanB likes this.
  13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Let's get this straight:

For making a close run of what has been called 'the greatest team ever assembled' you call them pathetic?
    You forget, even WITHOUT Durant, that very same team won 73 games.
    Yes, the team that just beat us in Game 6.

So far, the Rockets have been the ONLY team to even a series (or be AHEAD in a series)
    against Golden State. 2 years in a row!
    They really have nothing to be ashamed of.

We've been able to do so far what NO other team has done and you want to 'blow up' the
    whole team and organization? If EVERY team who couldn't beat GSW were to do that then
    GSW would be the whole league would be in disarray.

Two men look out through the self-same bars
    One sees mud and the other stars

GET A GRIP MAN!

[​IMG]

RyanB and jcf like this.
  14. OMGitsDanny

OMGitsDanny Member

Overpaid divs. Absolutely pathetic. I've had to ignore all of social media today, it's so embarrassing.

We simply CANNOT afford to not win a title after the contracts we've given Chris Paul and Capela. Time is running out. Heads got to roll if we continue like this.

Also, i'm not mad with Harden at all but if I hear any MVP talk next season he can **** off. We want everyone to play for the title, not thw MVP ffs.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

16. Mr. Space City

#RunItInNeutral

JackLordsHair66 likes this.
  17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Not exactly. They didn't lose by double digits.

That said, enjoy being right. I'm sure it's very comforting.

18. adoo

adoo Member

there is no D in Antoni.

Antoni has built a great offense optimizing the talents he has; but no D was the reason Rox lost games 5 and 6

19. UrbanEnterprise

it's only comforting when I throw it in the face of someone who was being a jackass because I had an opinion

20. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Man talk about being deflated....I haven't felt like this since game 7 of the rockets tmac jazz game 7 melt down and I haven't been around too long only 28. This rockets team though will forever be a step behind lets just say it as it is. They don't have the championship mentality that is required to win it all. The best thing I saw was a jazz fan saying just like you guys are better than us, the warriors are just better than the rockets and it holds true. Without KD this team took and ripped our hearts out in both games.
    We are not a championship team and that lies with Harden and CP. Curry made every single play you could ask for in the final stretch, where harden went for a offensive foul, missed 3, missed layup when it mattered. It's all mental and has absolutely nothing to do with talent. My fear is the era is over and I have never said this before, but its time to clean house from Dantoni to even CP and Clint. I think our window has been surpassed