1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/4/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 3, 2024.

1. PWR

PWR Member

I had to turn the game off at halftime. The team looked like they quit before the game even started. I kept saying in the game thread that we were playing soft as hell. Our guys didn't hit or touch a warriors player all game... pathetic.

I'm glad Ime called them out. That was ridiculous. Don't ever call that man Dillon the Villain again...he was soft as hell just like the rest of them out there.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That one was rough. I'd have loved to at least seen our boys make a run at the end and scare the Warriors a little.

That said, I'm immensely satisfied with this season. Someone bumped a thread from at the beginning of the season where I said that my markers for a successful season were:

Win 32+ games. Check.
    One or more of the young guys has a break out season. Check!
    Some of the other young guys show flashes. Check!

I couldn't be happier about looking forward to next season. We're actually .500 with just a few games to go. We'd be in the playoffs most years with this record. And the crazy party is we can look forward to adding Sengun, Eason and Adams to a team that just won 11 in a row. That's without drafting anyone, trading for anyone or signing anyone. And man, after witnessing the progress these kids have made under the Udoka staff, I can't wait for them all to have another offseason with them. Can you imagine how good we could be if all 6 of these kids grow their games next year? Who do we snag with the MLE? Who do we draft? I think there is an awful lot to be excited about moving forward.

p.s. Can we give Udoka a 30 year extension please?

3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Majority of these folks don’t watch the games - they watch box score and twitter post

Ime has made 0 adjustment to teams doubling / blitzing Jalen…we still attempt to run the same actions that worked before but Jalen can’t get to the rim and Amen is now being guarded hard in dunkers spot.

FVV and Brooks (our vets) one isn’t aggressive until he wants his numbers and is 2 small and other is overly aggressive and becoming a 0 on defense

Score was 19-6 Brooks had 5 shots .. made 1 and Jalen had scored and assisted on the other 2 points

that’s with 5min left in 1st and game was basically over

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Right before the half we were down 6 - I went to take a dump and when I tuned back in down 15! SMH. Without Sengun teams will double Jalen into mistakes while everyone else just ball watches. We dont have enough creators or guys that can get their own basket.

5. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They made the small adjustment of playing Bari as the screener - and it worked well think he scored like 10 points straight then missed 2 3s…

problem I seen was instead of Brooks and FVV going to corner, FVV kept coming over looking for ball which killed spacing

Blah season is over - I hope they finish season helping Jalen learn to navigate double teams - it will be painful but worth it

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Truth is we miss Sengun a ton. Finding out how to maximize both Jalen and Sengun next season is priority 1.

7. vince

vince Member

This is a game that exposes the abundant inexperience by the Rockets, still work-in-progress core-group.

And let’s be honest, the only way to work through it is playing games like this and learning to make adjustments for the next game.

The Warriors have developed a culture with amazing effectiveness, efficiency, astuteness, confidence, savvy, etc!!!!

The Warriors still have another run or two in them, and even though they are near the tail end of their era, by winning another championship they can go up even further in the line of NBA dynasties.

Sucks the Rockets are virtually out of contention for a play in, unless a total collapse by the Warriors happens, and the Rockets win everyone of their remaining games.

But there are overwhelmingly positives from this season. It’s was a watershed/crossroad level season, and all the major hurdles we Rockets fans thought were pivotal, the player have shown promise.

I’m stoked regarding Sengun, Green has truly incorporated defense to his highlight game style, Jabari Smith is a fundamental stalwart who should only get better with added strength experience.

The team showed they can play Udoka style basketball, and as he toughens up the core group, the team should rally for a long playoff viability for the next decade or two.

8. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

So, basically all that win streak did was lower the Rockets lottery pick and maybe secure an extension for Jalen

#788 Deuce Rings, Apr 5, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    ramotadab and pippsux like this.
  9. pippsux

pippsux Member

And confirms we need Sengun when we play upper echelon teams. And that Tati should worry about completing a full season and staying on the court before mouthing off.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's only 3rd year after the team rebuilded you are the loser here.

You realize San Antonio with Wemby is the worst team in the west right? And they started rebuilding before Rox got Jalen.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Apart from the fact that they had luck getting Wemby....

The Spurs have been a horrible comparison and a horribly led rebuilding team so far.....

I doubt the Spurs are the epitome of winning now.....they feast on the legend of Tim Duncan more than anything.

Why do you even compare the Rox to the Spurs.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah the win streak showed us the star potential Jalen has and it also gave the Rox 38 wins after being the worst team in the league the past 3 yrs. Jalens extension will only happen after next year when he is a RFA or unless he agrees to a less than max deal.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cuz they started rebuilding almost the same time as the Rockets? Which team you think rebuilded in just 3 yrs apart from OKC?

Spurs aren't a "horrible" rebuilding team they are actually an above average rebuilding team you just didn't look at how long rebuilding takes in the NBA.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are as lost as many bad franchises are, the above average franchise tag only comes from their illustrious past and that is not the present Status quo.....

I have touched on it, Wemby will be an All Stats but no Win player for the next couple years and I have no confidence in their rebuild actually.

No matter how much the Media are sucking up to the Spurs and Pop.......they can call the Spurs the Generational Team.....how generational....

It will take them years to come up with a team that can fight for the Playoffs.

ramotadab likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

You haven't answered my question which rebuilding teams should Rox compare themselves to besides OKC?

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And gave our young guys more confidence, experience, faith in the system and the coaching staff.

And it was also a hell of a lot of fun for us, the fans. Even without the streak, there was a low probability we would get to keep the pick.