1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/24/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

creepy jinx graphic. Rockets players go blind, can't see the basket to shoot, go 0 for 50 each. Rockets lose series in five games.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fear of the Walking Rockets (Beard)

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I just want to see a good game. Probably too much to ask for from these Rockets.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Rockets Aim To Be Nastier In Game Three
    April 20, 2016 6:16 PM By Joshua Reese

CBS Houston – If there is one takeaway from the first two games of this Rockets vs Warriors series it’s the Rockets were pushed around by last years NBA champions. The eight seed has been made to look like the younger brothers getting beaten up by their much older brothers.

“You watch a shot go up, you watch Andrew Bogut grab Dwight’s (Howard) jersey, you watch them push our guys in the back, Klay Thompson wants to get open for a shot he two hand chest shoves to get open, those are plays their willing to do whatever it takes to win,” J.B. Bickerstaff said, “we have to be willing to make those same type of plays.”

The Rockets aside from a little skirmish from Patrick Beverley early on in game one have yet to bring the fight to the Warriors.

“When the bullies is kicking your butt, there’s only one way to respond, well there’s actually two ways but I prefer the latter and that’s to come back and swing and fight,” Jason Terry said.

Bickerstaff has again mentioned over and over that the Rockets need to come out and ratchet up the intestacy and nastiness. Trying to be finesse and play for the foul calls is just not going to work when you are facing the champs.

Game one the Rockets allowed the referees to take them out of their game on both ends of the floor. On defense, the screens defeated the Rockets and on offense the whistles did not find James Harden as he got clobbered time and time again when rolling through the lane.

Game two the defensive breakdowns caused the Warriors to open looks at the rim left and right. Harden was able to get more calls, but the rest of the offense seemed out of whack as they took jumpers rather than try and take better shots.

After two games of trying to get it right, game three promises to be a little different.

“They push us in the back or hold our jerseys we got to get them off, it’s plain and simple,” Dwight Howard said.

“We weren’t playing playoff basketball yet,” Harden said sharing the message Bickerstaff told them, “some of the things they were doing, were not doing, so look for that in game three.”

The Rockets understand what Bickerstaff is trying to sell them, they need to come out in game three and punch the Warriors in the nose if they are to have any chance. They need to be able to play ugly, play nasty, do whatever it takes to get the Warriors out of their rhythm.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

^ I've never, ever advocated for violence (sweeping the leg and the like), but it needs to be "eye for an eye" mentality, at this point. If you want to keep tugging the jersey and setting illegal screens, we should do the exact same thing.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

OR Let's just get casual

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

if we're getting physical we should play Montrezl Harrell a bit, He has 6 fouls we can use, he's also a ****ing animal.

9. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

We're getting murdered today for sure

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

isnt this from game three

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He would be awesome with his energy as well. I want to see what he does when Greene or Bogut try their funny business.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden needs another great game.

I have a feeling that Steph is going to try to score 50 on us.

13. for-three

for-three Member

When Beverley sits, they need to stop having Terry attempt to guard curry, that matchup always kills the Rockets' defense. I would prefer to see KJ be the first guard subbed in to check Curry, and when Curry sits, you could then move KJ over to Livingston. KJ has the length to at least somewhat bother Livingston in the post, so far it's been like shooting over a chair with the smaller guards on him.

Assuming Terry continues to play, there just isn't really a favorable defensive assignment for him in this series. I suppose putting him on Barbosa, or Clark (if he keeps getting minutes ) would be the best spot to hide him. I just hope JBB realizes that Terry guarding Curry and Livingston should be avoided at all times.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

new warmup song :grin:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vWz9VN40nCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

is that a... purse

16. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Yep,don't get you hopes up guys.

The Warriors are about to wake up and blow us up.

17. RCPM

RCPM Member

ROCKETS WIN!!!

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

could also be a mini Ipad, sort of

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

History points to the Warrior putting on a big hurt on the Rockets - I predict game 4 to be a back-breaking blow-out for the Warriors. Certainly the refs aren't going to give any calls to an 8th seeded team against a historic one.

Rockets had a game to make it a series, expect the Warriors to come out like gang busters. With Curry back, the Warriors will pounce of Houston's mental lapses mercilessly.

117-101 Warriors over Rockets.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Beautiful gown, Curry

I'll never understand the current style of the younger generation.

Zero surprise homo-ism is prevalent now more than ever.