1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/24/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2016.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

We are about to take out the greatest basketball team in NBA history. And totally deflate their balls.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Donatas Motiejunas' gritty play helps send Rockets over Warriors
    By Jenny Dial Creech Published 12:05 am, Friday, April 22, 2016

Houston Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas (20) celebrates with guard James Harden (13) after Harden put the Rockets up a point against the Golden State Warriors during the second half in game three of a first-round NBA Playoffs series at Toyota Center Thursday, April 21, 2016 in Houston. Photo: Michael Ciaglo, Houston Chronicle / © 2016 Houston Chronicle
    Photo: Michael Ciaglo, Houston Chronicle
    IMAGE 1 OF 90Houston Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas (20) celebrates with guard James Harden (13) after Harden put the Rockets up a point against the Golden State Warriors during the second half in game three of a first-round NBA Playoffs series at Toyota Center Thursday, April 21, 2016 in Houston.IMAGE 1 OF 90 Houston Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas (20) celebrates with guard James Harden (13) after Harden put the Rockets up a point against the Golden State Warriors during the second half in game three of a first-round NBA Playoffs series at Toyota Center Thursday, April 21, 2016 in Houston.
    The Rockets wanted to be nastier, grittier, more aggressive when they took the floor against the Warriors in Game 3 of the first round of the playoffs on Thursday night.
    So when forward Donatas Motiejunas got his second playoff start on Thursday night, he gave his team what it wanted.
    "It's Game 3, we are at home, so you have to do everything you can to get a win," Motiejunas said. "Be tougher, more aggressive, play better."
    Motiejunas picked up his first career playoff double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds in the 97-96 win. He was a force early in the paint, grabbing rebounds and playing a tough brand of defense on the league's top offensive team.
    Motiejunas did not play in the series against the Warriors last year - he missed all of the playoffs because of a back injury that required surgery. He has spent a good part of this season working to fully recover.
    "Last year was very tough," he said. "I wanted to be out there and had to stay home and watch. I want to be able to do whatever I can to contribute."
    Motiejunas had eight points and two rebounds in the first game and seven points and three rebounds in the second.
    In Game 1 of the series, Rockets interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff started Corey Brewer in his place. He moved Motiejunas back to the starting five in Games 2 and 3, noting that having Motiejunas out there added more skill to the lineup.
    "I think that's one of the things D-Mo brings us," Bickerstaff said. "There were plays there he was making, decisions they have to make that are different in pick-and-rolls, things like that.
    "He gives us a different dynamic offensively when he's at that spot."
    And the Rockets needed something different. They needed the energy that Motiejunas has provided at times this season and they needed a lot of it.
    "He brings us a spark and plays with a lot of effort," Bickerstaff said. "He also helps us space the floor and open things up."
    Motiejunas mixed things up on defense, but also brought a lot to the offense on Thursday night. Since center Dwight Howard was active offensively early on, he started to draw double teams, which left Motiejunas open a handful of times with good looks.
    He showed his versatility on offense Thursday night - six of his points came on 2-of-3 shooting from the 3-point line.
    The Rockets extended the series by at least one game, which was the goal going into Thursday night. They'll play Game 4 on Sunday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. and Game 5 at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday night in Oakland.
    "When you are down 0-2, all you can do is try to get a the win and keep playing," Motiejunas said. "We have to be tougher if we want to keep playing."

3. rocketsmetalspd

I still don't believe it is an ankle issue but a foot issue. If you look at the game 1 again you can see that he is feeling pain on his right foot like on the top of his foot not his ankle. This injury could be more than what the Warriors are saying.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

^^^^ No shiiiit. DMo helped big time. Excellent intimidation, deflections, and overall hustle. DMo is also an easy target. Look for Bogut to try to hurt him.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Maybe that evens out though if the refs are also zeroed in on Green and Bogut.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Its about time the Rockets have an on fire from 3 game. I predict a victory with over 50% shooting from downtown.

7. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

The warriors are trash without curry. We Could have easily won game 2 if we didn't suck so bad. The game was there for the taking

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks for stopping by Steph. Goodluck the rest of the way. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Warriors?src=hash">#Warriors</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StephCurry?src=hash">#StephCurry</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAPlayoffs?src=hash">#NBAPlayoffs</a> #3'sfordays <a href="https://t.co/Gw2KPyTbzV">pic.twitter.com/Gw2KPyTbzV</a></p>&mdash; Mike Fiers (@Fiers64) <a href="https://twitter.com/Fiers64/status/723655800166703104">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Curry at the Astros game. :)

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

See if curry can play catcher

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where is Riley Curry lol what a food name

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fixed. Tie this tihs up.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is much more exciting to be down 1-2 than 0-3

who agrees?

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know Currys going to play. WAY too much hype over this past game.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You will never any rocket giving props to the Astros or Texans. An outsider shows his appreciation. What a humble player Curry is.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The Refs owe the Rockets for Bogut and Draymond playing like the nasty era of Jazz players. That was basically Malone and Ostertag taking cheap shots. Throw in an undercover "nice guy" in Iggy and there's Bryon Russell.

I hope Curry plays. The Rockets can beat the Warriors with Steph. It's doable.
    Plus, I think Curry will be "off" from his days off, and he'll be a step slower than his teammates. That bodes well for us.

I said the Rockets would win the last game, and I'm saying they win this game, too. However, it won't be a disaster finish like the garbage we saw.

Rockets by 5. Dwight plays great to legitimize his free agency concerns, or he feels like he has to show up for one of his final games in Houston. James continues to carry this team, and Ariza returns to his form of being our 2nd most consistent player.

Beasley plays big minutes and we get some decent contributions from CB.

I'm concerned about Mr. Beverly. We need him to feel well to give Curry hell for 30-some minutes. Even if Steph drops 25, Pat can make him work for it, foul him harder than he's used to and make Curry play some defense.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Huge game. If Curry plays, and you know he will, a Rockets win would surprise the league.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think there was a picture perfect game by the Rockets in recent years and in the playoffs.

There was some positive and some negative.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Referees will heavily favour the Warriors after the NBA pr machine made it seem like the we shouldn't have won. We have no chance so please guys: knock Bogut and Green the **** out!!

20. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]