1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/24/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2016.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Curry is playing

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad the refs swallowed their whistles!

3. rocketsmetalspd

Good, no excuses when the Rockets get this W and send it back to GS tied 2-2.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'm glad Steph Curry is playing so the crowd can give him the business. I just hope his cousin Ref Curry doesn't show up and ruin the fun.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Really strongly dislike Bogut. He is really straight up a dirty player. Would not feel one ounce of remorse if he blew out a knee. The league really doesnt gaf...about Dwight. That arm hook and twist was exactly what took Love out from last year's post season. Dwight is bound to punch him in the face.

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

So I guess we cheer? Ugh this team man

7. rocketsmetalspd

All of this would've been an non issue if the first inbound play was called. Beasley was grab by Iggy which allowed the Warriors to steal the inbound and get the layup. It should have a foul and FTs for Beasley.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I an here for Terrence Jones putting a body on Andrew Bogut.
    I don't condone violence or injuring someone but it has to be curtains for Bogut, unreal they won't even review that play.

9. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This is very true, and after looking at the full report, the NBA did say that Beasley was fouled on that play, although it wasn't called. So tit for tat.

A flagrant two and suspension should be called on JB though for being such a FREAKING IDIOTIC MORON for subbing Smith for DMo during hack a strategy, forgetting to call timeout and Harden saving him to take out Dwight, horrible inbound plays and even LETTING Ariza be the inbounder when it's clear that he doesn't make good decisions under pressure, and several other bone head moves. The ONLY good thing he did was play Brewer less than 5 minutes, and even that was too much.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Im still not 100% sure curry plays this game. I don't care what he says because I get the feeling that the ankle sprain is a little worse than the team is letting on.

One thing I know for sure is that if he does play you have I make him move and try and beat you off the bounce. He has bad ankles and the sprain was bad enough to keep him out for a week if he plays Sunday meaning that it's still going to be tender and weak and more susceptible to re injure.

Rockets didn't play good last night outside of the first quarter they missed a lot of easy wide open shots that must go in. If they do have one of those 12+ 3pt make games and shoot 46+% from the field overall and defend and rebound the ball like last night then we can keep it close and atleast give ourselves a chance to win the game.

The Warriors are a high TO team and while pretty good not a top level rebounding team of we take advantage of those two things it will give us a chance with or without curry.

One thing is Forsure the curry they get back is not going to be the same free flowing attack mode guy he will play a little different.

1 person likes this.
  11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This. That little pubic face did not twist his ankle which is always worse when you just get hurt without contact.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The refs are going to annihilate us in this game after ESPN keeps blowing up that Harden game winner. We're going to get such a bad whistle.

13. HookemHorns1250

Sadly, this is my feeling as well. Add that with Steph most likely playing, could be a long day.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's what I'm afraid of too.

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Houston has to test that ankle this Sunday.
    Play like they did in the 1st half in game 3 ( as a team)
    And pray JB doesn't screw this one up.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A franchise altering game.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Oh big time.

I say, if Houston eeks out 2 wins in this series you could see Bickerstaff staying with this team. It's more than Mac got.

If Houston somehow won the series, Bickerstaff would be getting Thibs like money.

Not gonna happen, but damned sure he wants them wins.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Bevs will do a thorough check to see if its 100% I'm sure ;)

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Curry may really be hurt. Kerr apparently doesn't want to play him yet.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I would just jump in the air and try to land on Curry's ankle. That's a good way to test it. Gotta be quick though.