1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/17/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, maybe 2nd round at best, but I agree. I might be wishful thinking on 2nd round. I have watched the Rockets a long time, and I want to believe like those stupid "we believe" signs but you just can't, unless you don't watch the Rockets. If you look on this forum it's full of people over the years that keep thinking this team is set to do something, I'm not complaining about this game, but when you're team can't win against the better teams in the West/ hell even the east... I don't see how you can believe the Rockets can put it together suddenly in the post season.

People keep saying, "but the Spurs do it", but that's got to be the stupidest comparison ever, sure houston won in the reg season against the Spurs last year, but anyone who thinks it'd be the same in the post season doesn't watch basketball. The Spurs have proven this over 15+ years (since Duncan), the Rockets have proven they like getting the summer off.

I think Houston might be there in a few years, or maybe if something magical happens sooner, but until they get out of the first round, I'm not going to be so optimistic, because it makes it look like you don't understand how the nba works... A team isn't going to win a championship without getting out of the first round.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sorry meant "your/our team", I typed that on phone... I don't think you can edit posts, whatever, I think it gets my point across. Anyone who thinks Houston is set today to win something is a bit too optimistic. To me Harden is like watching Jordan in 80's, Harden is special but he can't bail the Rockets out all the time, and until the rest of the team can help carry some weight it's going to be tough to believe this team is set to do much.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This game now re showing on NBA TV:mad:

4. hakeemthagreat

Well I know it's late, but COACHING and game strategy lost us that game. We kept feeding Dwight early which stopped ball movement and took us out of any rythm. Why we would change our strategy for this one game baffles me. Feed Dwight a few times then run something else. We continued to post Dwight and had no clue how to do anything else. Bad coaching. You don't change your whole style of play, you make others teams ADJUST TO YOU. Kerr badly outcoached Mchale. This was similar to the Portland series when we kept feeding Dwight but the offense came to a hault. Scary to see Mchale still being outcoached this bad

1 person likes this.
  5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yup, it was the Portland series redux. This proves that it's not completely the players, it's the coach.

6. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

So How do we stop them on Wednesday? I think we need to slow the game down a little. We can't keep up with these guys specially in the 3rd and 4th quarter. On defense, stop the transition.

7. rocketblood713

Can't stop da gawd Curry

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I doubt the Rockets do that trade without some commitment from Dragic.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's like that scene in Next Friday when Debo challenges Craig for a rematch. That's how I feel the Rox should approach the Warriors..
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_H8yrC6y3Ag?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>