1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/27/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2013.

1. RRockets

RRockets Member

No, to be exact: his first playoff game was not good. The second before the injury was good. And then you know what happened ...

2. Gil

Gil Member

I understand being aggressive and all that but Beverley have got to stop committing those stupid ass fouls.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is true perspective right there. This team has collapsed at the end both years under this coaching staff.

DD

1 person likes this.
  4. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Also **** Jon Barry.

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

We lost because of the pathetic bad defense in the first half. What a embarrassing first half?

6. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Somewhere deep inside I feel like the rockets can pull from this 0-3..but I'm done being disappointed.

7. RRockets

RRockets Member

It is how you finish the game, duh?

We were 99-97 when 00:45.2 remaining.

8. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Oh man, even with all my rationales that one hurt.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I still can't believe Durant got the luckiest bounce in the world.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You make your own luck.

Look at it this way, he took the shot and it went in, while Harden drove in and made a terrible pass, not once but twice.

Give me a bad shot over a bad pass 100 out of 100 times.

DD

11. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

What a great fight by our team.

Shows what team spirit this group of guys has....

Our inexperience showed in the end, and Harden made two bad mistakes down the line, but it's to be expected.

I knew it would be a sweep, but the way our team competed in the last two games, it bodes well for the future.

We're a legit PF away from contending in two years time!!

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, the Rockets still have some building to do. It's a reality check for fans that thought we were close to being a contender. Kudos to the rockets for almost making a miraculous comeback, but the Rockets just don't have the talent yet to win against the top teams.

It should be a very interesting off-season with rumors flying on a daily basis. I'm wondering if the unexpected success of the team this year will tempt Morey to add some quality veteran players to the roster if he can't land the superstar he covets. I think Morey will go hard for free agents Howard and Paul, but will probably miss on both. I wouldn't be surprised to see Morey try to work a trade for Love or Aldridge. If Morey can't get his star player, does he then take a look at Millsap or Josh Smith? It's all going to be very interesting.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol great pic.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

haha this definitely brought some laughs in light of last nights demoralizing defeat. Thank you for this lol

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha awesome. :)

16. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

While I don't disagree, the Rockets don't have a core established as good as Durant, Westbrook, Harden (who you don't have anymore), and Ibaka in place, one key difference is the market the team is in. The Rockets are much more likely to acquire a superstar by free agency or trade (again) than the Thunder were. For instance if the Rockets were to sign Dwight Howard this offseason or trade for a Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMarcus Cousins, or some other top talent next season - which isn't outside the realm of possibility, the team could be positioned just as nicely.

17. plates300

plates300 Member

only fitting that Joe Crawford is in the picture as well.

18. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

lmao that joey crawford pic finally made me laugh since last night.

What a crazy game. I was there screaming my ass off the whole time and then to lose after coming back from 26. Sucks!

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

LOL at "making your own luck". What a clown.

The decision that still irks me about last night, more than any, is not calling a timeout after the bull**** Durant 3. I believe we had 3 left; at a minimum, two, so we weren't at risk of running out.

The bottom line on that last Harden turnover is that it was a miscommunication. Guys like Harden and Durant are always thinking 2 for 1. Unfortunately, many of their teammates (who aren't the playmakers) often are not. Harden started his drive, realized he wouldn't have a shot and expected whoever was at the top to roll. They didn't.

I'm not saying fire McHale; with our roster this year, in general, our best "play" has been outrunning teams in transition. And I think that's why he let it run -- he wanted the element of "freelance". I understand why he had that instinct. But once it was obvious that OKC had gotten back, we needed to call timeout. Either to A) talk Harden out of the rushed 2-for-1 or B) make sure the other four guys on the court were on the same page. Not only did we not call timeout, but we didn't even roll the ball to halfcourt to save clock.

I don't blame Harden too much. Honestly, I don't think his "decision" was much worse than the off-balance, rushed Durant 3 that was also done in the name of 2-for-1. The only difference is that Durant is a lucky little **** who had his bounce in the basket. From there, there was simply too much disorganization from the Rockets, and it came from team strategy as a whole -- not one individual.

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Mchale said in the post game pressed that he was yelling at the ref to call a coach's timeout but the ref just looked at him and ran down the other end.