1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 4/7/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2016.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

The Spurs need to stop being p*****s and need to try to win out like the Warriors are gonna have to try to do.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xIIqYqtR1lY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Remlap

Remlap Member

**YAWN**

If we can't beat a depleted Mavs team in a 'must win' game
    are we really expected to beat an upper tier playoff team?

At this point we're just limping along hoping for other teams' losses
    to get us mathematically included into a bottom feeder playoff spot.

What's the point? We have no fight, no Hutzpah

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Its more of hope and wishful thinking that these team get's on some sort of roll once in the playoffs. :(

5. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

**** this team, the middle school PE coach that's way over his head, and everyone involved in this travesty of a season.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

not sure if troll..

7. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Zero margin for errors. Plus pray for the other 3 teams to lose.

According to the trend, the Rockets will win after a loss. So no worry.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

If Brewer or Terry Checks into the game at any point I'm turning that **** off indefinitely. Just rest Harden and lose the game. I don't want to see Corey Brewer play in the playoffs. Also I don't want JB(worst coach ever) to have a playoff appearance on his resume. He doesn't deserve another job as a coach anywhere.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Brewer has to be the most disappointing player in the league this year. Does he get a Razzie or something? Brewer has had such a bad season that it wouldn't shock me if he came back next season a rejuvenated player. If he is truly honest with himself, then he will hit the gym hard this off-season and work on his game and shot. Then, come back with a new special purpose. The problem may be he might have to do it with another team. It's doubtful we should even take the gamble he has been so bad offensively. He's basically just been helping the other teams beat us all season long.

As for what to do with coach, I expect Morey and Alexander will have him back because they have their blinders on I bet...just like JVG. They may want to give him a full off-season and pre-season before they fire him if the team starts off slowly again.

As for this game, whatever.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The craziest thing about Brewer is that he seemed like the most ready player in the preseason.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2CdJTfGiRCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I see us winning the next three of four and both the Mav and Jazz going 2-2.

Who owns the tiebreaker if all three teams finishes 41-41?

13. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No Blake, CP3, Redick, or DeAndre for the Clippers tomorrow? That’s a gigantic relief for the Jazz.</p>&mdash; Zach Harper (@talkhoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/talkhoops/status/718165638611480576">April 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Additionally, if Dallas loses two but not the Jazz game, Rockets win out, and Jazz lose that Dallas game… Utah’s out.</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/718172011579609089">April 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oh my. <br><br>If the Rockets win out, the Jazz lose one, and Dallas loses two including the Jazz game, Dallas is out in a 3-way tie.</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/718172077530845184">April 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Clippers effectively are going to hold the fate of about five teams in their hands depending on who they rest.</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/718173592635195392">April 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

15. for-three

for-three Member

So for the Rockets to make the playoffs, they need 4 wins, combined with either 2 Mavericks losses, 1 Jazz loss, or the Grizzlies dropping all their remaining games. Clippers probably rest the starters tomorrow against Utah, with the Jazz most likely picking up a win.

I'm hoping the Grizzlies win vs. the Mavericks on Friday. That would guarantee the playoffs for the Rockets if they win their next 4. Under that scenario, going into the Mavericks vs. Jazz game, Dallas would either pick up their second loss, or the jazz would lose, to even up with the Rockets in the loss column. Rockets would win the tie breaker against both team, with either more division wins, or conference wins. That of course requires the Rockets to take care of business with a soft closing schedule, who knows if they are actually capable of not screwing this all up again. This is after all the same team that lost to the lowly Nets twice and Denver all 3 games they played.

1 person likes this.
  16. Lightsnowaction

Thank you Clippers. Also, please rest against Dallas, the Rockets need to think about the offseason instead, especially Dwight.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I believe so. Even if they're not mathematically eliminated, it'll practically be over.

18. i3artow i3aller

19. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Good analysis. We should chear on the Grizzlies tomorrow. It look like the Rockets have all the tie breakers won. They need just to start winning games.

20. hvic

hvic Member

I will be at the game tonight. Hopefully they can pull off a win