1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/16/2019 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 15, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, that's the way its always been and always will be. James loves taking all the shots, and MDA let's him do what he wants. I just root for us to win. That's not saying I don't wish it would change.

#301 deb4rockets, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Hehe Bro! Your gonna see real soon what Westbrook about. He gonna bust open leads. This guy is a monster. Don't ever compare him to a overrated old star like melo, west is on harden level.

fryjol7, mike2k132 and bmelo like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

lol you are insane

jcmoon likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah but sometimes when Russ decides to kill it he looks better than almost anybody in the league, those little moments show you glimpses at how great of a player we got. He will shake off the rust and implement himself to the team and then we can judge him

5. JW86

JW86 Member

I’d seriously take a Harden - Gordon - House - Tucker - Capela starting lineup w/ Westbrook - Rivers - McLemore - Thabo - Tyson off the bench over forcing this CP3 2.0 version IF it really does not work after about 20-25 games.

linvetb6, ak99999 and pr0wler like this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I was and still am excited about Westbrook, but he hasn't looked great.

But to me he hasn't been playing with much energy on either end. I'm hoping that he is pacing himself because its pre season. I wasn't really disappointed in him until this game.

But I'll wait to flip out until the regular season. I still think he will be good here.

fryjol7 likes this.
  7. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Westbrook is coming back from injury. He's still learning the system and trying to build chemistry. We'll be fine on the offensive end, it's the defensive end I'm worried about. Harden wanted Westbrook here, I'm sure they've discussed at length what needs to be improved etc. Time will tell.

Houtho likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hope you're right but I doubt it.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both rarely talked about defensive contributions.

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro he a super star u gonna get those duds.

U do know the same people complain about harden looking bad even last yeqr some games lol. With guys like those u will get stinkers. But u get alot more h.o.f. never been done heroics. So chill.....every guy in history of every sports has bad games...quite a few. Westbrook is a o.j n a dark alley guy u want fighting with u when it matters the most

11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

that may be true, but we need to take some gambles....harden would mostly initiate the offense anyways, and clemons is a better spot up shooter anyways...and I think clemons can guard those really quick guards laterally better than russ and also press the full court on defense...I just want to see how it works, that's all.

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I don't put too much in pre-season. Westbrook didn't have much camp time since coming off a surgery. He is still working his way into shape and rhythm. Also, once the reg season starts the rotations will shorten up and only the best guys will be playing so that will help. We have to replace Green now so hopefully one of the guys steps up. We need House to get it rolling early and often this year. He is on the team full time now so no more of that RGV back and forth stuff. Can PJ find his shooting stroke soon? When he hits 3s we are impossible to beat. Seems he has been off for a long time now.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

PJ has shown nothing this preseason. He is the most concerning player for me right now. Is he washed?

BigShasta likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Well look at it this way, either 538 really had us pegged wrong orrrrr.......this preseason barely means anything. I guess we'll find out soon.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

WB isn't gonna sit or come of the bench lol you crazy. He is Harden's buddy and former all star he ain't gonna come off the bench.

I don't even know why everyone is hating on WB so bad, ok so he wasn't amazing he wasn't horrible either. Dude's coming off arthroscropic surgery he is rusty AF hopefully after a couple of months he gets back in shape. 5/13 from the field isn't the worst, ok 1/4 from 3 is horrible but overall his FG% is pedestrian which is all we can really hope for. The reason he has bad plus minus is due to his surgery which has made him a step slow and a whopping 8 turnovers, but when you look at Harden with only 3 turnovers that means WB just handled the rock a lot instead of Harden which is what usually happens. You have to look at it as a package deal if Harden goes off every time he is playing alongside WB then that's a net positive IMO.

What i'm really disappointed with is Clint Capela. I'm still waiting for him to dominate which is what he claimed would happen this year instead he has gotten dominated every single game he has played so far. LMA is an old ass man already also he is playing center instead of PF Capela still can't do anything and unlike WB he has no injury excuse wtf.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. eman

eman Contributing Member

How soon can we trade Westbrook? Asking for a friend.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Excluding last year his career TS% is 53.2%, his career 3pt% is 31.1%, and he takes 18.4 shots per game. He's always been a high volume, low efficiency scorer. His defense was never good either. His amazing MVP season saved his reputation because before that he was considered kind of a ballhog. Now that he's north of 30 and injuries are kicking in I'm pretty worried. I'm hoping he and Harden just have that chemistry and things click, but on paper it looks bad.

19. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s not about Westbrook, it’s about coaching, our system and Harden. So far I see nothing about our sets that makes me believe in everyone’s commitment to making it work. Having Harden or Westbrook just watching the other go to work is a waste of talent, period!

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You’re barking up the wrong tree.

I didn’t condemn Westbrook at all.

mike2k132 likes this.