1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/28/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

So, you are saying we're better off WITHOUT CP in this series?
    We CAN'T beat them with CP?
    We all know CP will be starting every game, so this means you are predicting a sweep.

[​IMG]

luckyman76, HP3 and Tfor3 like this.
  2. fiersdownbelow

Good game fellas.

3. Remlap

Remlap Member

Not only 0 margin, but we DON'T have homecourt advantage.
    We have to not only win out every game at home, but also steal at least one in Oracle.
    This would have been a good start, but refs had other plans

4. Wylo

Wylo Member

i love delusional homers thinking that me and some ppl wanting Harden to take more midrange is coming from a hateful place, when it fact we say this because it's clear that discarding the whole midrange game is hurting Harden every single year in the playoffs. Harden is a streaky 3PT shooter and the refs swallow their whistle in the playoffs...is it any mystery why Harden struggles? I want him to be better, that's why I want him to develop a more well-rounded game.

hakeem94, JW86, ak99999 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yeah, but i don't see many players does that. So i don't think it's natural. I don't ever see KD shooting and landing forward.

6. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

With this current Rockets team, No. If Cp starts playing like he did in the regular season against the warriors making plays for others and creating for himself, YES. Today CP looked no different than Austin Rivers

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Lmao what?! That's a foul, clear as day.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People don't see how Harden has the most predictable offensive game in NBA history.

hakeem94 and Wylo like this.
  9. Mr. Space City

No jumpshooters land straight. Landing straight is actually bad form and ruins your knees longterm.
    Example:

Kyrie’s feet always sway forward when he takes a jumpshot, so his feet land forward from where he initially jumped.

#2969 Mr. Space City, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

They are all blind mice...judging calls based on collision and not what causes the collision.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You must not have watched the same game I did, with all due respect. What Thompson was doing is clearly deliberate, in my opinion. If it was not, if you chose to believe that, it was still a foul. It’s how the player shooting can get seriously injured, which is why it’s supposed to be a foul, even a flagrant 1 if it’s egregious. The rule is there because of a player like Leonard getting injured, which put paid to the season of the Spurs.

hakeem94, Jake Tower, Tfor3 and 6 others like this.
  12. wesbound

wesbound Member

wtf are you even talking about Harden had his chance? he wasn't officiate the right way. Durand had 35 points
    All the none obvous calls on the rockets especially Harden that could end his ankle for the rest of series and u want to say some pathetic stuff that harden had a chance.
    How do you have a chance when the ref is against you?
    If you're aware, the entire world is talking about how unfairly the game was officiated and how the rockets got cheated.. The talk isn't about how the warriors beat us.. but about how we got cheated and you want to say some stupid **** like harden didn't do his part.

#2972 wesbound, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    hakeem94, luckyman76, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  13. Remlap

Remlap Member

If someone was tugging on James' jersey every shot would that make any difference to you?
    He was robbed of at least 12 FT's. If he was awarded the free throws that he should have been
    Rox win and James is hailed as a hero.
    Even WITH the non-calls, they only beat us by 4pts. If even 2 of those were called, that's
    6 FT's, likely at least 5 points and enough for a victory.
    Would James STILL be a fraud in your eyes if we had won?

But, somehow, when he is robbed on at least 5 possessions and the game is kept extremely close anyway
    he's supposed to summon some superpower and manufacture even MORE points?
    He did MORE than enough to win. Just because the refs thought otherwise can't be pinned on James

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Faried would have doubled House's rebounds. Nene outrebounding and outscoring Clint is ridiculous. Not only that, but our guards are not getting Clint the ball near enough. Alley oops instead of bounce passes. A starting center simply can't take 2 shots. Give me a break. I want to scream at the lack of team shooting and all the ISO. Tucker, he must shoot more. The more he shoots the better our chances. Same goes for Paul. Our starters need to just man up and stop throwing back to James so much. That's on our coach and leader to change.

hakeem94, ak99999 and Mr. Space City like this.
  15. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

he shot 33% from the field, i am pretty sure outside of FT he had no fg in the fourth. I get the 3 foul calls but there were also fouls that looked clean to me that were called and put harden on the line. we were down 2 mind you, he missed 3 threes and had a turnover out of bounds in the final few minutes. Why is that not talked about?? Harden has to be MVP harden to win this series, Durant was and they won.

Surfguy likes this.
  16. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Exactly. We have to win every home game. At this point I am just hoping to force a game 7 situation and then who knows. The other thing that is annoying about this is that we shouldn’t even be playing Golden State in this round. We should be preparing to play a second round series at home but unfortunately we gave away the OKC game.

Remlap likes this.
  17. igotwhipscollectingdust

Is there gonna be a better chance to win at Oracle?

18. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Not unless we force a Game 7, in my opinion.

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really am annoyed by blind homers like you.

If the only way Harden can be effective is going to the line 15+ times in a playoff game, we be ****ed.

He needs to learn how to be a shot maker in the playoffs. Currently on 90% of Harden's possesions, he's expecting a foul call. That's not how you play a basketball game.

Supamanu likes this.