1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/15/2015 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I actually thought that game might be a great wakeup call to all the rookies and guys going to the D-League. There were what seemed close to a hundred foul calls in the first half. Everytime down the floor a foul was called so they better get their defense in check or they won't ever see the NBA floor again.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

True. This forum was going apesh-t(and justifiably so) just a few days ago when Harden looked like he'd badly injured his knee in a meaningless preseason game.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Warriors fans have definitely become entitled much like newer generation Spurs fans. Lakers fans will always feel a sense of entitlement and with understandable reason. Their luck hasn't gone their way though for the past 4 seasons though but keep in mind they won two championships
    in the last 8 seasons which is something most franchises would want, if not all.

But yeah, these Warriors fans are really entitled as hell. I mean Rockets fans have their problems too, but I think our problem is that we feel like we don't get enough credit/media love which in turn makes the media not want to credit us because we sound "whiny" but it's the freaken truth. The boys don't get enough credit in the leauge by the media and two ******* franchises don't respect us one bit. (Clips/Dubs)

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The frustrating thing about this game is that we just played like idiots . Now obviously we had a lot of inexperienced players in so that's somewhat expected . The vets we had in were bev and brew , two guys that are more hustle than making smart steady plays . You can have a coupe of those guys on the floor given the rest of the team knows what it's doing .... This is what happens when u don't .

Bevs shot looked good and I like what I saw from montrez , at least his motor was running hot , he has time to figure out the mental side of the game . KJ is absolutely a freak athlete but until he gets a bit better at not making dumb plays I dunno that you can play him over thorton , but hey maybe with better players or against weaker players he is a better fit . Dekker needs time in the dleague , he is still thinking way too much as evidenced by how over wiling he is to pass . Jones motor was off which is disappointing because he doesn't have the skills or mental ability to look good while coasting . His deficiencies will be hidden when he has Dwight and James and Trevor on the floor next to him . so I don't worry about our record in the early part of the season , but come playoff time Dmo needs to be 100%

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

KJ and Harrell played well, J. Smith looked ok. All others looked bad. Dekker seems to another version of Jones who has no heart on court, but Dekker was pretty good in the college, we will see.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dekker should come around one day.

Terrence Jones, God love him, is making me a little nervous, what with DMo's return still a mystery. Terrence shows some moves here and there but I'm hoping his effort so far screams "pre-season", because power forwards in the West will eat his lunch.

AND breakfast.

AND dinner.

AND steal his 2:00 pm wake-me-up Red Bull.

7. bmd

bmd Member

We already know what Terrence Jones can do.

Terrence has always looked bad in preseason.

Last year he looked bad and then when the regular season started he was beasting. Those first few games before he got injured he averaged:

16.7 pts, 8.7 reb, 2 blks in 29 minutes.

Per 36 of: 20.7 pts, 10.8 reb, 2.5 blks

He was beasting out of the gate. But those injuries really messed him up this past season.

When he came back from his leg injury, but before his collapsed lung, in those 14 games he averaged:

14.8 pts, 9.5 reb, 2.0 blks in 32 minutes per game. Pretty good numbers.

It was when he came back from the lung injury that his play suffered. In those 8 games, he averaged:

9.5 pts, 4.8 reb, 2.8 blks in 25.2 mpg. And that sub-par play continued into the playoffs.

Jones, when healthy, can play some solid basketball for this team. People forget because last season was so injury-riddled, and the last thing they remember was his sub-par playoff performance coming off the lung injury. They forget that he played some solid ball before the lung injury.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're actually drawing kneejerk conclusions from preseason games which is filled with players who aren't even going to be in the league, i urge to you to apply to become a scout plz. they need more like you out there:rolleyes:

9. bmd

bmd Member

And also... in those 14 games after coming back from his leg injury, he had some good games against some good teams:

vs. Clippers: 14 pts, 8 reb
    @ Nets: 26 pts, 12 reb
    vs. Cavs: 19 pts, 7 reb
    @ Atlanta: 18 pts, 8 reb
    vs. Memphis: 21 pts, 9 reb
    vs. Detroit: 17 pts, 8 reb
    @ Portland: 17 pts, 12 reb
    @ Clippers: 16 pts, 12 reb

I mean, those are some good games against some good teams with good PF's. Blake Griffin x2, Tristan Thompson, Paul Millsap, Z-Bo, Greg Monroe, LaMarcus Aldridge.

Terrence isn't always the most consistent, but he can play.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

But basketballholic tells me Jones is getting waived...

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dekker doesn't look like a 1st rd pick.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL I can't believe folks are wiggin out over a pre-season game when starters didn't even play. The D-League players got some quality time and what better way to get then facing the NBA Champs. None of our starters suffered a broken nose last night so in that regard we won. Will see come the regular season/playoffs what's up when it matters =)

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

uhm he also had 26 points against the nets and the monster known as thomas robinson the next great power forward after duncan and kg retire.

;)

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

U guys only saw his bad shooting, but his shooting will not a problem.
    He is a very smart guy, he can play although it will need some time

16. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

we should have taken a pg

17. bmd

bmd Member

lol I just threw them in there because 26 and 12 is a very good game no matter who you play.

But even still, I'm not sure who was guarding Jones, but the Nets have some decent big men like Thaddeus Young, Mason Plumlee, Brook Lopez, etc.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is trash. I called it as soon as we drafted him and got flak and continue to believe that he is a bonafide scrub who is not ready to contribute to this Rockets team for the next 2-3 years if at all he contributes.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's nothing to call for a rookie who didnt even play in summer league.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Eh, could suck. Could be like Capela last year. Give it some time. Anybody speaking in absolutes over a few preseason games is just being foolish.