1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/15/2015 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 14, 2015.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Walker is years away from being an NBA player, was shocked how bad he looked. But none of these guys aRe ready for that last spot, eND of bench or not, just not good enough yet.

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

James Harden implied that he will not play again during the preseason until his right knee is 100 percent.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

i think the best part of this game was that somehow warriors players and fans alike somehow felt this was a statement game

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

you sure it wasn't the broken nose..?

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

That was one of the worst games I've ever seen, I don't care if it's pre-season or not, that was just horrendous. I liked Tyler's shot, Josh Smith's game and some hustle plays by Harrell. Beverley's 3 is money, but we knew that. KJ's block in the 1st quarter was nice, but of course Reggie kept quiet. He was talking **** about the Rockets all night. The way he talked about Kevin McHale not knowing what team he has right now was just stupid.

The broken nose is a bonus, f the Warriors!

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

NBA had a highlight video of Curry and his first half titled, 'Curry at it again'

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Curry got a lot of his scores after Pat got picked off. That's a team failure, not Pat's fault. When he was on Curry, he did a good job IMO

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Didn't watch 4th quarter, but from what I saw in first 3, Livingston is not an NBA player and neither is Dekker :(

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Disgraceful defeat and pathetic to roll out the D League RGV roster

My suspicion was McHale was scared of losing yet again to GSW and everyone would rub in the 9-1 scoreline before our first league game against them not too far away.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Are you dense? That is good pre-season coaching and discipline in preparation for the regular season.

Pre-season is to get guys ready and that involves calling time-outs and getting into them. Not rolling out D League scrubs and never calling time-outs. This is not your 24 hr pick up game. The same good habits will translate to the regular season as will the same bad habits like McHale usually 2-3 possessions late to call a timeout

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Good. I would like to see him get maybe one more game in with the regular starters so they can start to develop some chemistry. But otherwise why risk further injury?

Of course the problem is even if the starters do work on their chemistry, the first regular season game will be without Dwight and possibly Lawson thanks to suspensions. Not to mention D-Mo will likely be out. So it'll probably take a few weeks into the season before they're really clicking.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

is it me or has warriors fans leapfrogged lakers fans as most annoying fan base in the nba?

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pretty much my sentiments completely....also, dekker and jones looked horrid all night

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Actually given the Rockets' history, preseason highlights can backfire bigtime on the organization. Remember when Kelvin Cato parlayed 7 blocks and a bunch of drool in a single preseason game into a 6-year, $42 million extension?

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

They also titled their daily email "Curry, Warriors top Rockets in West finals rematch"......lol.

The entire game was a warriors lovefest, which is what I expected. Look, we didn't play any starters (save maybe TJones)....I would expect them not to say much about us.

Also, we haven't really "shown the NBA" what Harden/Lawson looks like....so until then, there's going to be doubters.

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The media makes me hate the Warriors and Steph Curry in a way I usually reserve for teams from the DFW pit.

17. Buck Turgidson

I tried to watch a little of it (few things on earth I could care less about than preseason games in any sport) but Reggie Miller made me change the channel after about 5 minutes. Unlistenable.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hey troll: none of McHale's starters got a broken nose in a meaningless game. You wish the shoe was on the other foot?

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Wow!!

[​IMG]

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Would've been nice to see this game, but the bar HAD TO have Saints-Falcons on EVERY television. TVs that were RIGHT BESIDE each other.

Was in ATL, but still