1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 11/16/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 16, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Wow pleasantly surprised and definitely up there with the Clippers game as most impressive win. Hartenstein rebounded well, Clemons was a monster and stopped the game from getting out of control + that dunk, oh my :O, McLemore with another solid performance, Rivers controlled and attacked, Thabo with nice minutes and PJ is always steady and ready.

What can we say about Harden, aside from realising his legs aren’t there at times and getting Tuck involved more, absolutely nothing. It’s insane what he’s doing and media still won’t give him credit. He’s the clear MVP at this point and doing work on both sides. Curry cannot hold a candle to Harden in terms of carrying a team and it’s time to acknowledge that. He’s getting that roll like last year again and it’s crazy how easy he makes it look.

We do have to acknowledge that it’s become more iso heavy and averaging much less assists in last few games so let’s see how that affects our game. And there’s still the position defense, getting caught in between and not sure what the assignment is I also notice how our guards shy away from taking it to the hole or try the occasional mid-range shot when it’s wide open as opponents give us those. Have to take advantage.

MDA better learn that he can give Hartenstein more minutes and play him when Tyson sits or is not bringing it. He might not be good at catching it on the fly, lobs and let’s rebounds slip away, but we needed him badly against Twolves and will need him vs. other big teams.

Houtho, BigShasta, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

they don't need rest

3. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Not to jump to too many conclusions, but I don't think Westbrook should even be playing 32 MPG if it wasn't for his brand name and contract. RW of 3 years ago who shot 84% from the FT line and 34% from 3-pt land? That's a guy you want on the floor as much as possible.

But so far he's shown he can't hit the 3 at all, and is still suspect from the free throw line which really hurts his efficicency. I like that he can run the fast break and rebound well, and also generate offense when Harden is resting. But other than that I really think he should be a glorified role player in the Rockets scheme. But current Westbrook is really hurting our offense in most lineups, which is frustrating when there are guys like Clemons sitting on the bench most nights.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yea its lazy reporting....that's why I like that chiney chick thats from houston on the jump. she a rockets fan so see will check they ass if they keep saying that by reminding them about the last 7 games holding teams under 100

BaselineFade and Caprah like this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yet harden 3rd on sakous mvp ladder lmao

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

dislocated fingers ever game this year

pr0wler, BigShasta and deb4rockets like this.
  7. Caprah

Caprah Member

I hope that was the big Germans breakout game. He was phenomenal on the boards

Remlap and deb4rockets like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

don grahamleone and RayRay10 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. macan

macan Member

they said j*zz can defend and chicken nuggest can defend..someone need to tell them fools we kicked j*zz butts in the playoffs 2 years in a row

DreamShook and hakeem94 like this.
  11. gogispade

gogispade Member

I really thought that was a fix L. Harden classicer.

amaru likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

His assists being down has a lot to do with the players that are out .

Gordon and house are some of our most likely candidates to get and then make a shot after a pass from James.

WB being out also forces James to take on a heavier load.

Let’s hope we can restore more balance soon as those guys come back.

My biggest gripe from last night is that they didn’t let Hartenstein try shooting . He’s not that great on the PnR and doesn’t have any chemistry with the ball handlers (outside of maybe Clemons) .

I also am a minutes worrier and so I’d have liked thabo to give PJ more of a blow

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

I'm not convinced he's 100% healthy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Really disappointed we didn't get to see Ryno vs. Kat.

pr0wler, hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

You might be right about our offense, but our starting 5’s defensive rating is the best in the league for any unit that has played more than 50 minutes together. The unit is also 4th in net rating (behind Miami, Utah, and Milwaukee).

I’m willing to sacrifice some offensive efficiency if our defense is that good.

Remlap, pr0wler and CometsWin like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Terrific sequence. Harden looks like he's grinning at the end. Excellent D from Tyson. He looked like he'd gotten 5 years younger for 24 seconds. ;-)

Rivers really stepped up during this game. Great to see.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance