1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/23/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13">@JHarden13</a> addresses the media wearing the latest in a recent series of amazing shirts. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FlowerPower&amp;src=hash">#FlowerPower</a> <a href="http://t.co/4o5Kg06JWG">pic.twitter.com/4o5Kg06JWG</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/437817597191389184">February 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

I actually did only cuz I wanted to watch more rockets bball in OT I can't get enough I still want us to win of course

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I used to think that but not anymore. :(

4. jocar

jocar Member

That was some exciting ****! Round of drinks on me! I'm at #%*&#+!$@ on Westheimer

5. jms99

jms99 Member

He owned Bev so bad that the Rockets ended up with a win.

He actually said after the game: "I owned Bev so bad man. I owned him so bad that they beat us."

Or maybe you need to understand that bulk scorers can get hot. Doesn't mean that they consistently make good decisions.

6. Drphil

Drphil Member

"**** Beverly."

"this beverly guy has destroyed us all night."

From the Suns fans lol.

7. Oracle

Oracle Member

How right you are! I get the feeling that some of the poster are typing the text in handcuffs. I'd like to read something a little bit more connected to basketball. Now it reads like a psychoanalysts appointment book.

8. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Harden is special. He was in a funk tonight obviously. (went to ASU and probably partied it up in Scottsdale. Pure speculation lol) But, with time running out keeps his composure and doesn't get force the issue. The pnr with Dwight collapse the D and dish to Bev was just as important as the made shot itself. Harden has been making the right plays down the stretch. Another example would be against the GSW, even though we loss, he was a beast down the stretch.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Alrite since you're buying :grin:

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

Must be a gift from Westbrook.

11. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

makes u wonder what McHale drew up inbound to DMO great FT's clutch. another odd thing was Lin coming in the seconds for D

12. torontoman

torontoman Member

Jeremy Lin was beyond (or below) terrible tonight.
    He plays like TJ Ford in Toronto. Driving like a horse with blinders on.
    I can't stand him right now. Dude sucked a monkey's butt the last few games

13. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Harden has gone full on Westbrook.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I just can't help it...

When McHale is mic'd up, it's so mediocre. "C'mon guys. We can do this C'mon guys, We gotta hustle. C'mon guys..." followed by clap clap.

I wish he were more direct and explicitly passionate about what he's saying. Shoot, Jeff Hornacek set a goal for his team during a timeout to get the lead. Easy stuff like that.

I'm wondering if players ALLEGEDLY like playing for McHale because he has very little control of what happens on the court. It seems like James/Dwight and CP are talking over him during TOs or when he's just talking, like they just dismiss him. If that's the case, McHale can't be in our long-term plans.

If I were a player like James, Dwight and especially Melo, I would love playing for McHale. You can take all the shots you want, play all the isos you want and still get claps on the sidelines.

I miss RA/JVG/Rudy T/ Thibs :(

1 person likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And some people claim he's not clutch...despite clutch performances all throughout the season and the playoffs as well...

16. lid1013

lid1013 Member

LOL. Ever since he became a bench player hes been inconsistent. 3 terrible games followed by 3 good ones. RE-watch all his bad games and then tell me what the reason for him playing bad are. It's his lack of aggressiveness and no confidence in his game.

17. jms99

jms99 Member

The reality is that we DO NOT KNOW ANYONE'S CEILING. PERIOD. We can make good guesses sometimes and often make the right call. But many times, we simply have no clue about players' motivations and ability to improve.

And the greatest missing piece of information is how badly a player wants to spend their entire lives working on throwing an orange ball into a hoop.

18. solodolo

solodolo Member

Yep ! The old harden wouldve missed those free throws

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Careful the JLFC will come and hunt you down:eek:

20. hitmantb

hitmantb Member

By the way Asik to Howard is basically what Lin is to Harden.

Asik averaged 10 points and 11 rebounds on 55% shooting last season. Lin averaged 13 points last season as well. If both are playing in the starting line up, they can easily be solid starters with minutes and confidence, however on this team there is no point to ever play them next to Howard/Harden because they are basically inferior versions of the same players.

Wish Rockets can trade them to teams that can utilize their talents. Would be good for everyone.