1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 5/9/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2017.

1. AWIN

AWIN Member

Rockets opened at +5.5 I believe and that is a big home/away swing...seems like Vegas asking everyone to take us here in this spot.

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Sure, but this has no bearing on the actual outcome of game 5. Rockets have as a good of a chance as any to get a win tonight.

3. AWIN

AWIN Member

Absolutely, basically comes down to Spurs defense vs Rockets 3 point shooting. I just think Vegas has the odds on Rockets not lighting it up from deep two games in a row. I hope they are wrong.

4. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well on that note, Vegas is kinda right based on track record. I sure haven't seen the Rockets shoot a good clip consistently in the playoffs....YET.

Hope that carries over tonight.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

all these lines have been off in our series and others especially boston/washington. it's basically the default spread for teams that are closer matched to get even action on both sides not just one. people like to read way too much.

I do expect a closer game til the end today though finally in a game 5. but I'll take a "boring" win just like game 1 or 4 anyday

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

That's why it's imperative to stay away from the spread. Focus on totals if u must wager or money-line.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I wish I had that feeling!

10am game here in Sydney so I tried to get to bed early and get a good night's sleep.

Instead I've been lying here for nearly two hours now with butterflies in my stomach. 12:06am wide awake.

Still, I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything. (well, there's some things I would, but you get it)

heypartner and Cstyle42 like this.
  8. AWIN

AWIN Member

You're right, degenerate gamblers are always looking for line movement/angles hoping to find an edge and think they are smarter than the books...which is never the case lol. Personally staying away from the spread and took the under.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Derrick Stafford (#9) Rodney Mott (#71) Zach Zarba (#15)

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden acknowledged that 1 of the biggest differences between what happened in games 1 and 4 and games 2 and 3 was the pace.

He needs to continue to keep the pace high like he did in our 2 wins. Walking the ball up the court and barely avoiding 8 second violations will play right into the Spurs' hands. The Spurs don't want a fast paced game. They want a halfcourt game and to see us taking most of our shots with little time left on the shot clock.

I also like how he hasn't resorted to foul hunting in the last 2 games. The Spurs will not be sending him to the line 15+ times like OKC was, and the refs are letting a lot of stuff go. Just get buckets.

#70 Reeko, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Vivi, Deuce, FANfrom86toNow and 2 others like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

a rockets win is all i care about at this point haha

Remlap likes this.
  12. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

I know Brothers is the worst, but don't honestly keep up with the refs. How are these 3?

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on the expected corruption scale they probably grade better than what we've had thus far. but then again we were expecting fair treatment in game 4 and still had a significant FT disparity all game.

another poster here had provided some stats on refs last week, hopefully he'll read this and chime in again

FANfrom86toNow and Bryant2108 like this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

SECOND.

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Kawhi Leonard laid an egg last game, and James Harden connected from deep for the first time in 2017, and even then he was 4-11 (still best performance this playoffs though). We didn't get slaughtered on the boards.

I hardly expect all 3 of the above things to occur again this game. It'll be a tough loss this game, but I'm more than happy to be wrong.

16. hakeemthagreat

I think Lou & either Anderson or Gordon will have one of their best games as a Rocket. Somebody will have a crazy game. But the question is what will Harden do. He's either night or day in the playoffs unfortunately. Harden CAN'T BE SLOPPY WITH THE BALL tonight. I can understand a bad shooting night (everybody has them). But he can't afford to be indecisive with the ball and non aggressive.

Look out for the 1st 5 minutes of the game..If Harden commits more than 2 sloppy turnovers we will lose

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Wasn't Kawhi 7-14 from the field the last game? That's a good number of shots he took in the game and made at a good efficiency. I wouldn't call his effort "laying an egg". Give the Rockets credit. Some times it just comes down to something as simple as credit where it's due.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Oh yes I love my Rockets and would give them every chance possible there is. But Kawhi has been shooting historically elite levels recently and we have really no one to guard him. 7-14 is a bad performance for him, he just can't seem to miss this entire season. He dominated us all 4 regular season games and Game 2 and 3.

19. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

I've attended every game in SA this series and hope tonight will be the last one. I've been getting very heated when watching these games and am just going to enjoy this one. I think our boys come out strong tonight and will look mature and aggressive throughout the game. Predicting a rockets victory!

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

How were you feeling going into game 2?