1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/5/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

ROCKETS 119 - RAPTORS 109
    Looks like the Raptors couldn't 'nurse' a win tonight.
    Got outcoached.

[​IMG]

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

What website you watch this?

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t even understand the people that say we should play Clark, Clemons and IH. Who on earth does one want to take minutes away from?

If Capela is healthy, then any other big man should be playing limited minutes, and Chandler should definitely be ahead of IH on the rotation. We’re going to need his experience come playoff time.

Clemons shouldn’t be ahead of Harden, Westbrook, Rivers, Ben Mac or House. Once EG comes back, then Ben will see his minutes reduced from 30 to 20 at least. Better to give him as much playing time now as possible for him to gain confidence and improve within the system and hopefully he’ll be able to be more efficient when we become less dependant on him.

Clark would be nice for if he’s considered more size to give PJ a rest, but he’s just not very helpful. His shot is barely there whenever he does see the floor. Thabo is also bad but unless you’re not competing I think every coach would go with Thabo over Clark.

Harden Westbrook EG House PJ Capela Rivers Chandler Ben Mac. That’s 9 players. We should be playing the players we’d play in the postseason if healthy. Our young guys should consider themselves lucky if they see the floor.

D-rock, Patience and HP3 like this.
  4. Remlap

Remlap Member

Hmmmmmm. . . . I saw a "W" against the defending NBA champions
    ON THEIR OWN FLOOR. Is that not what you saw?

#1124 Remlap, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Why would the other team get offensive rebounds over the Rockets getting defensive rebounds?What is more likely on average?

Westbrook gets a ton of uncontested ones.

I saw Westbrook grab several no-impact rebounds among a bunch of Rockets. His offensive rebounding was the only thing of note. And again I say; He threw away dozens. Literally dozens of possessions through turnovers and missed shots.

Westbrook in no way shape or form was a positive in the possessions battle. The best thing he did was drive and kick. That’s IT.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Generally I agree, these will probably be our nine come playoff time. I guess it just depends on if you believe in the potential of Gary, Hartenstein,and Clemmons.....I'm in the middle ground personally. I think if they get enough MAYBE one could be a rotation player but I guess if they dont play we'll never really know.

7. Remlap

Remlap Member

Because they don't have a good coach. . . .
    or so I'm told

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i got it from the guy i quoted in the post you replied to...need to ask him

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Aaah, yes another MDA lynching. Even after a WIN.
    So, do tell, Amaru, you want to see MDA gone. It's obvious.
    Gotta ask, "Who is YOUR chosen replacement that is GUARANTEED take us to the promised land?"

[​IMG]

#1129 Remlap, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    D-rock, don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Nurse is a very good coach....

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

well the Raptors just trapped him and we made them pay for leaving guys open

D-rock likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well when we played the Nuggets and they did that, we looked lost.

Improvement tonight

Gray_Jay and BMoney like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah man, every good rebounder gets tons of uncontested rebounds because 75% of rebounding is positioning, if you're doing it right it looks uncontested to the casual observer...the casual observer misses all the work that goes in to get in position to get the rebound.

You can't even admit that he's a good rebounder, you just hating on him to hate. He made a lot of key plays at the end of the game. Key rebounds, key assists,, drives, that got us that cushion. You won't see that though, because you can't even admit that he's a great rebounder.

You hate him so much that when it is brought up that his rebounding has helped the team rebounding you actually said "A Rebound isn't that valuable.

Think about that. Just to tear down Westbrook you said something silly like rebounds aren't valuable.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

WESTBROOK - he is garbage - I would rather see Clemons in there than Westbrook, our leads would actually expand instead of evaporate.

DD

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

this is when Westbrook can use his speed after Harden passes to him out of the double. Make the extra defender pay

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

I was being sarcastic.
    So many comments on here about how Nurse was going to coach circles around us
    and an automatic 'L' because we 'don't have a good coach'.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

YEAH! Because a .700 winning percentage is UNACCEPTABLE!

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

One thing you can say about Westbrook is that he has been working on his free throws, you can see in games when he misses one, Harden goes to him and has a chat and encourages him and then he hits the next

Remlap likes this.
  19. Remlap

Remlap Member

Greg Popovich says 'hello'. He hasn't won diddly since Timmy Duncan retired.
    Obviously he only had that success because Tim was 'so damn good'.

OH! and Phil Jackson! How'd he do without MJ?? or Kobe or Shaq?
    Yep. ONLY had success because MJ and Kobe and Shaq were 'so damn good'

So, I'll ask you TOO. Since you think D'Antoni is a below average coach.
    If you were to replace MDA, who would be YOUR dream choice that is GUARANTEED to take us to the promised land?

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

look at this man he's EVERYWHERE
    [​IMG]