1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 11/1/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

time to trade capela for a tough and big D defender like Steve Adams! we need some change before playoffs start!
    OKC is in rebuild mode anyway..phone them Molly!!

2. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

They don't miss Gerald Green. They miss an unwashed Harden.

rocketman84 and Dopamine like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Its stupid to fire him period and think you can replace right now with anyone better. The offense is fine.
    Blame TIlman for not hiring a proper defensive coach or players....or maybe the defense will get better, who knows. Mike is running the offense fine, dude's just have to hit shots.

Nook and Gray_Jay like this.
  4. realonemo

realonemo Member

Don't want Dantoni to get fired IN season but man I just don't trust the guy at all.

PeterKingX and amaru like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Can’t get much worse on defense though lol. Two sides of the game. Hopefully we can get a defense coach in to save Mike from himself.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I understand that, I'm just saying, is Clutchfans really ready to throw away the season by having some other guy be the coach? Would be really stupid if you ask me. I am sure management will be reasonable and just deal with how the season turns out.

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

He'll become a 33% shooter in this garbage system.

hakeem94, cheke64 and amaru like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

FIFY

PWR likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Nets are a solid team but this was winnable if we had Tucker, House and Tyson’s mentality as a team. I don’t know how Tucker keeps doing it when his team mates don’t put in the effort. I wouldve gone Mad Max on them at some point or request a trade. I will just watch boxscores and highlights from now on, this team isn’t worth my time if they don’t even get up to play defense.

bro2044 likes this.
  10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lol at overreactions... Rockets look like they have a lot more potential than I expected before the season. They're in cruise control right now, though... I think they're playing far worse defense than they're capable of, and even kinda lazy on offense. Once they bring that effort, and once Gordon and Harden start making their 3s, they're going to be scary.

I feel like the Nets were making a lotta shots they wouldn't normally make tonight, too. I see very little to be concerned about right now aside from a potentially weak bench. But Rivers, Gordon, and McLemore is nothing to sneeze at.

jcf, bro2044 and Tfor3 like this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and ElPigto like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol if you think ANY coach could get this roster to a top 10 defense....than I'll say ill disagree. We need more pieces.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Who said anything about a Top 10 defense? Let’s try to get to slightly below average first. We are like second to last lol. Baby steps bro

napalm06 likes this.
  14. realonemo

realonemo Member

Yes the rockets offense is good even with the struggles from deep but why are there not any elements from the mid 2000 suns in this offense ?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike:

They played well. They hit a bunch of threes the whole game. I thought we guarded pretty well but they knocked them down. We had wide open threes at the end, tried to get it close and eek one out but we missed 'em. Weren't sharp, a little fatigued. We'll get there.

... We got a lot of things to tighten up. Need better production out of certain people.

Clint only played 20 minutes.

Wasn't a good 20 minutes. To get 22, gotta play a good 20. Wasn't good enough.

How concerned about the defense 5 games in?

Like last year, concerned but we just gotta do better. I think we will as soon as we get our legs. (We lost our legs again @Mr. Clutch) Shooting & defense are legs. We're either laboring or not into people. Just not there yet.

Tyson Chandler?

He did a great job. Gotta be careful using him too much. Might have worn him out in the first half. He did great. Got a little tired. Good run for him. ... Defense starts right there. We gotta be able to guard the rim.

Shooters around James, Eric, Russ are shooting pretty well. Feel like when they get their shots, things are fine or things need to be corrected to get better shots, different shots, whatever?

Same shots we got the other night we knock down we didn't. We can get better shots but shots are pretty good. Not going crazy about the shots. They're okay. ... As they say, we got a bunch of great outside shooters, we play indoors. That's the problem. Just a little joke.

Biggest thing on film?

Communication, not real sharp, just breakdowns, not getting into people, a lot of it's energy. Energy level is not the greatest right now.

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

whichever man, these guys can do it, they just need to string it together for 4 quarters.

17. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

It's a coaching an
    Sounds like it took 2 hours to cook that one up. Coaches who never lose their cool are always suspect.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So true

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Amazing he gets on Clint and keeps throwing Ego out there...

bro2044 likes this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Eric Gordon is shooting 18/63 this season. Let that sink in. For a guy that only has to spot up and shoot the ball, that is absolutely shocking. Yeah, I know Harden isn't shooting well from the 3pt, but at least he offers more things to the table. Gordon is literally just costing us possessions at the moment.