1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 11/1/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

He gotta get his ****en legs back. People don’t understand. When ur a shooting team u need ur legs to win games. It takes the rockets usually till December to get their legs under them

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Very hard to watch. And then you know the next game is just going to be the same because nothing changes.

Sajan likes this.
  3. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

The games so far this season have been incredibly difficult to watch

4. JazzLakerHater

What the hell do these guys do in the offseason? Other than Russ, everyone looks TERRIBLE. Same **** happened last year too.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I just don't see why we dont play like the first 17min of the game, instead just playing like morons for the final 31.

Same sht versus Milwaukee. What a disappointment. Someone needs to knock Gordon, Harden, and MDA on the head. I love Harden, but wtf STOP TAKING 15+ THREES A GAME. GORDON, MAKE SOMMMMETHING!!!!! MDA, CALL A TIMEOUT AND MAKE SOME FCKING ADJUSTMENTS.

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Because Tyson Chandler was giving twice the effort on defense and the boards. Capela was -25 in 20 minutes tonight.

jboslett, BasketMAD, ak99999 and 2 others like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Why do you think that is? Bc that is what DM wants. DM hires puppets like KM, and MDA. You have to get rid of the coach and GM.

cheke64 and J.R. like this.
  8. dejamike

dejamike Member

I remember vividly when I was around 15 years old (I’m 40 now), I was shooting 3s at a local gym and I was bricking them like crazy. A guy there got annoyed because his son was practicing free throws, he said to me “son, maybe you need to move a little closer to the basket.” That is exactly what I want to tell the Rockets....

9. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

This..... this is a big reason we lose. Our coach is NOT a leader! No adjustments whatsoever.

amaru likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

I'm not sure what Gordon did to warrant 28 minutes tonight.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets building a bunch of bad habits.

Save for the first half against the bucks I haven't really been impressed with this squads overall play.

I'd give it another few games and then I'd look at going something drastically different.

I like the idea of house starting but I wouldn't mind gordon starting just to see if they can get some of that pre season magic back.

12. PWR

PWR Member

We have 3 tall Centers (4 if you count Nene) on this team, yet we have to resort to a 6'5", 49 yr old man to play Center when the game is on the line.

Why are we paying Clint $15 mil/yr? That is a problem.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The sad thing is...this team is probably going to be the best offensive team in the league...if they had even below average defense they would be legit contenders...

But instead the defense is absolute trash.

I know people like Ben and stuff but Harris blew past this dude too many times. Going small for so long hurts our defense, we don't have a small ball center like Green, and oh yeah our defensive wings are....House.

This team needs a player like Iguodala in the worse way now that I think about it. Not because he's an elite defender, just because he's a defensive leader that would not be too happy being on a team allowing opposing teams to go over 50% from three. That's what we need and what we miss from CP3, I don't think we have a guy that plays significant minutes that has that defensive pride and we need to swing a trade for a guy like that, Iguodala, Ariza type.

MDA doesn't really get it so you have to have defensive leaders on the coaching staff or players that do.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

apparently going to the Bahamas and have a players only pre camps does wonders. oh wait.

15. jshabang

jshabang Member

Harden has to learn to just play man....... stop all the antics...... to talented to look for so much from the refs NIGHTLY.......... this team shoots 3’s like trash....... nobody Ian hitting them other then PJ....... yet no adjustments from our genius coach when the three is not falling..... and absolutely no defense...... we make every team we played damn near shoot almost 60% .......... that tells you all you need to know about us

BasketMAD, Red Nation RGV and amaru like this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

If he's scared to challenge Harden you'd think he'd at least run a play to get Harden an easier look. But Mike doesn't do that apparently.

Crashlanded19 and RoyalGuard like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tuck has got to be frustrated big time, but even with him being that only defensive guy, I'm not sure he can get through to everyone by himself. it shouldn't be this way but this team definitely needs an additional person that voices defensive fundamentals and stresses it. WIth Tyson you would think he would be a voice

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Nothing on both ends. Both him and Capela should have been plastered to the bench. Chandler should have stayed in as long as his body could have handled it, and Rivers should have gotten Gordon’s minutes tonight.

amaru likes this.
  19. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Mike D'antoni is a cheerleader, not a coach.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

He adjusts by playing PJ at the 5. My eyes, my eyes... I fear I will go blind from watching such a horrible sight.

ak99999 likes this.