1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/6/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 5, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah...

I just imagine Zion on this team, that's a modern big. Skilled, athletic, can move laterally pretty well for his size (just has to get defensive expiernce) can shoot a little.

That's a modern big.

Shaq, well prime Shaq was a monster, he could handle the ball a bit. He'd have a harder time though.

but if Dwight or Chandler entered the game today? Well, just look at Drummond. Given away for peanuts.

don grahamleone and DreamQuake like this.
  2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Rudy Goober won't step out...exactly the kind of center you want.

hakeem94, DreamQuake, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

it has nothing to do with it. the previous team fit cp3, not wb. hence why they werent that good. now this team fits to wb's strengths.

DreamQuake and HP3 like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden has to play tomorrow
    Russ doesn't.
    So.let Russ go all out and harden chill

Rocket River

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Some familiar voices on Clutchfans are awwwwwfully quiet right now...

When our new acquisitions build some more chemistry with the rest of the squad, the defense will be even crisper! And there will be even fewer turnovers.

To the posters who said they'd stop following the team after the trade: don't let the door hit you on the way out! The Rockets aren't perfect, but today showed a glimpse of how much damage we can do.

ps Scott Foster is still a b*stard. Some of the worst calls I've seen this season. Stealing 3 points from poor Eric Gordon just like that. And a steal from Rob Covington. :mad:

6. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Impressive win against a top seed, but it has to be said it's one game and there is no blueprint against these changes yet. When teams start to adjust thier gameplan and we get in the playoffs will determine if this is genius or fools gold.

Never the less I really hope we can have better results than we had before, including playoffs. Good win!

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Suprisingly Shaq has the best take. He gave the most props and was like I see what they trying to do. Drive and kick.

8. riko

riko Member

Harden averaged 40 points 10 assists and 9 boards in the last two games so tonight he deferred to Russ.. it happens he didn’t have it. Instead of going 2-20 from the three point line he played smart

9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

usually... whenever harden had a bad game... regardless of whoever played well we would've lost.

with roco and pj... and can't forget thabo playing a pretty good defensive game as well... the team easily overcame that and won pretty handily... even with the refs being completely biased towards the lakers. this was an amazing result and i couldn't be happier with how the rockets handled the trade deadline. roco is a godsend.

also thank god for russ. harden has been terrible for a month now but russ has really been picking it up. the boxouts on bigs... hustling, grabbing rebounds, attacking the rim at will. he's been great as well.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Maybe it isn’t to you, but it is to many of us. Old habits die hard, and they stayed with him during the first month and a half of the season. To see him flip the switch immediately once December hit was an early Christmas present.

hakeem94, DreamQuake and YOLO like this.
  11. JackLordsHair66

Shaq was the only one actually making sense and giving a small dose of praise ..z Charles was his usual dumb ass self and Kenny allowed himself to fall into Barkley’s circular dumb logic

Again, I worry about a series situation with this system but they were very impressive tonight, especially in light of the fact that LAL are a really good defensive team yet we lead most of the game that was thing that stood out to me most ! We have to shoot lights out for this to work but man that was fun my blood pressure stayed prettt level for the first time in a long while !

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah the lakers adjusted, you know what they adjusted to? matching up with houston by playing smaller than usual.

Dwight glued to the bench. that was probably killing him lol

13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

This game just proves that Harden isn't a ball hog as people claim. He'll happily give it up if it helps the team win the game. The reason why he hasn't done it in the past is because of the lack of consistent support.

#1633 aliadiere25, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  14. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

idc if they hate on the Rockets, the show usually has some good laughs in there.

DreamQuake and D-rock like this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

I was thinking it is so maddening it can confuse lakers but also that they will find a way to abuse us... but they were confused till the end lol ad is so ****ing soft he was shooting 15ft fadeaways with guy of my height guarding him im so pumped at this win because we looked like a working team first time in long months. Its either Harden finnesing you and if you send double its Westbrook murders you. And you have PJ in the corner, Eg anywhere and now Covington that shoots better than Ariza. It looks amazing

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro...someone get me that Covington shot over AD that was COOOOOOOOOOOOLD BLOOOOOODED

17. MystikArkitect

When the Rockets and Lakers play, you've got 3 MVPs on the floor.

And also Anthony Davis.

18. riko

riko Member

The irony is Barkley was a the king of undersized players for his position but he is quick to bash the undersized lineups? It’s just because it’s the Rockets who he blames for a few million lost wages which he probably would have blown on gambling anyway

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

To be fair 10-15 mins per game over an 82 game season is a freaking ton of mileage saved. I'm worried tucker gonna get an injury if he keeps playing 38 mins a night at center.

Mda needs to make space for Hartenstein and/or Caboclo on his roster

DreamQuake likes this.
  20. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Keep giving Westbrook that load management treatment. He's gonna need the proper rest to be able to attack like this consistently