1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/21/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why'd he play and even dunk in the ASG if he was still injured smh

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Welp this is it, time to see if

Capela/Tucker/EG/Harden/Cp3 lineup is gonna work or not.

Can the Rockets survive with 6'5 SFs? Or will they need to beg House to come back after all? Time to find out lol

3. TheSource

TheSource Member

I’m assuming we are signing a couple of guys to 10 day contracts today?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

UGH!!!

Nope, just can't have a healthy Rockets team, can we?

JuNx and hakeem94 like this.
  5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

A lot of jinxy confidence here, complete trap game on the road vs a Lebron-led LAL team that we're 3-0 against. Should we win? Sure. Will we? Man, I need to see Capela back and us rocking before I start thinking we're going to roll over other teams. We can beat the best AND lose to the worst, so I'll just root and hope. o_O

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

SMH.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How the hell do you have a sore right knee after a week off? Also, this highlights how stupid it was to dump Ennis and leave House in the G-League in order to save money.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

no lies here.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's safe to say the Rockets won't be the only team looking to improve and make a last stand.

saleem likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Even if we win, I still feel we lose in the long term. I really don't like the moves and words coming out of the owners cheap mouth. Maybe he will go ham in the offseason, but he probably won't.

PeterKingX and jerryclark like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is because of the false belief that less activity equals to more health...

today on a playground i met a nervous mother who was screaming on their child of 3-4 because he was about to eat a banana with dirty hands
    then i proceeded to lick may hand rub it on the floor and then lick it again saying 'see nothing happened there and i am always healthy as a horse'
    your child needs a little dirt and microbes to build its immune system
    you cant guard him for 24 hours, as soon as you turn your head he will pick up something from the floor
    so instead of losing your nerves and irritating the child insisting his hands stay clean 100% of the time you and your child will be better off by being calm and enjoying in your child playing outside and that will contribute more to his immune system and overall health

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not sure what your definition of "ham" is, but given that we have no cap space and no assets, I would not hold your breathe that we improve the team much.

saleem and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yeah, we wouldn't be able to spend any money besides the MLE. And the only salaries we'll have available to trade are rotation players like EGo, Tucker, and Capela. I guess SnT with Shumpert is an option, but I doubt teams will be banging down our door to trade for him.

saleem likes this.
  14. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Oh hey no buy outs signed, shumpert goes down, and yet our best wing is still in the G-League. 3 cheers to Tilman and Morey!

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have got to be kidding me. The Rockets are like a whirling piece of steampunk junk, throwing off bits and pieces of itself as fast as they can be bolted back on. Here we are, still without a legitimate starting quality wing with length at small forward. So it's 3 by committee with whoever we have left that can be plugged into the position.

We can't put House in there. He's been placed on a shelf, not without contributing to that himself, but still, why isn't he back with the team? I've heard the explanations about the money side of it and the convoluted maze supposedly being navigated with the guy, but the simple truth is that unless Morey has someone being bought out that fits the bill, and they want the Rockets to be in the upper 4 from the West in the playoffs, uncertain at this point, it's time to quit screwing around. The stretch is coming. We need to be tuning up for a run, not a roll in a wheelchair.

16. TheSource

TheSource Member

Danuel House with the statement game in the G League tonight lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

F*** I thought this game was tonite
    Spend 5 minutes looking for it

Rocket River
    Withdrawal

pippendagimp, hakeem94 and 9baller like this.
  18. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Sir this is a Wendy's.

heypartner and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Less activity DOES lead to better health. You wouldn't want to work through a knee injury by jumping and down on that knee, right?

Your example is bad, because it has to do with the immune system. Unless "right knee soreness" is some sort of infection or some sort of arthritis setting in, there's no reason for an athlete (a pro one, at that) to be unhealthy after little to no basketball activity.

(btw, you shouldn't let anyone eat a banana with dirty hands. You look really weird for the whole licking your hand thing, and you're also trying to parent someone else's child. wtf?)

hakeem94, arno_ed and jdjd like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i fear we're all going to be looking back on the next couple seasons with a lot of regret at what could have been, if the team just hadn't been bought by donald sterling part deux