1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/27/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2020.

1. SORF

SORF Member

And to my fellow Hoosier, Mr Indiana Basketball, Great game EG...50 points. Way to step up, Eric.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

This win is huge, and should be eye-opening for our stars and head coach.

4. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Best win of the season... good **** EG, made Mamba proud w/ that clutch 50 piece. He just needs to keep up that sharp shooting, we desperately need that going forward.

Remlap, bro2044 and smp like this.
  5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

See.... I hate tweets like that. Our support never normally performs like this. Which begs the question, why are they not performing like this on a consistent basis? And don't give me that crap it's because Harden and Westbrook have the ball all the time.

hakeem94, D-rock and RocketsFan247 like this.
  6. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Heart

D-rock likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

not in this game. they came in and they ended up blowing the 9 point lead and going down forcing a timeout. then the rockets got it back and never looked back

guys like Ihart and clemons did nothing to earn more minutes. just trash tonight

HP3 and Mazulis like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

really glad i watched tonight's game. was great to see us play better defense. it was nice to see Gordon back and fully dialed in. Nice to see the maximum effort the entire team played with. I still think our bench talent is suspect and that we need another impact player, but loved the attacking and suffocating way we played tonight. Probably our best win of the season so far. I'd like to see more of Frazier; if he can get his confidence, he might be a player.

Remlap, DeBeards, bro2044 and 3 others like this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

10. macan

macan Member

guys i think we truly turned the corner.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Except towards the end, low turn overs, ball kept hopping and everyone took care on defense.

Great win!

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Were Clint and Harden at the game? I never saw them cheering with Russ, Chandler, and the rest on the sideline.

DeBeards and malakas like this.
  13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Gordon also only the 3rd player to score 50 on the road this season. Harden has done it 4 times and D’Angelo Russell was the other to do it.

D-rock likes this.
  14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

we played good Basketball.Thabo, P.j.,mclemore and House played really good zone defense on the interior. Man to man yhey got burnt a little but good win

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So you're trying to tell me rookies that haven't played a game in 3 months are now expected to push the lead? You would instead like to lose a lead running your best players into the ground instead. this is smart. this is smart thinking.

hakeem94, Bearded13, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  16. opticon

opticon Member

Austin is critical to the success of this team which is a little scary but it's true. We have to have at least three knockdown shooters on the court at all times in order for us to be elite. With two shooters or less on the floor, we are average at best.

bro2044, joshuaao and Rocket River like this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

anyone check on ZDog?

@Os Trigonum

he might have to spin a new rap, tonight.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Wow! Forget flashes of superstarism, EGO was a damn SUPERSTAR tonight!

The effort level all around was fantastic. Austin Rivers was a great second option and Danuel House's hustle was crazy. And THABO SEFOLOSHA of all people pulled out some crazy-ass moves. Utah thought they had this game before they even played it, and our role players smacked them in the face. If we don't get excuses for the Rockets losing to shorthanded teams, the Jazz sure as hell don't get one.

This also goes to show one thing--playing hard and with intensity always brings about good results. Super stoked after this one, with all the terrible stuff happening recently I think at least a great Rockets win can lift our spirits a bit.

hakeem94, D-rock, Remlap and 4 others like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

But Hartenstein and Clemmons saw the floor and we were losing out there.

D-rock likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

push the lead? that may be a bit much but almost instantly lose a good lead. yeah go sit down. you havent earned time on the floor