1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 3/3/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2015.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

if anyone know how to make an entry pass, dmo posting up sounds like a good option.

2. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

Here's an interesting fact about this game. The Rockets in all the game this season with Harden had only one game in which they had 30 assist in a game. In one game alone, this one, the Rockets totaled 30 assists. That tells me the Rockets deferred to Harden way too much, especially in the first 3 quarters.

If anybody ever watched the Rockets scrimmage against each other they will see their offense at its best. Why? Because Harden's iso hero-ball moments takes a backseat. Just go watch their scrimmage and see for yourself just how Spurs-like this Rockets team looks. It's why I don't think the Rockets will go far in the playoffs because of our need to see our hero take over.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

mmmmKay . . .. .we will see

Rocket River

4. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

By the way, where did Terry get that energy from?? It was like he found the fountain of youth! He was so active, getting to the rim, driving, hitting tough shots all night. If we get that Terry in the playoffs, teams better watch out :)

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

were talking about ball handling

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Yeah and here is another interesting fact:
    Rockets are 41-18 with James Harden.
    Rockets are 0-1 without James Harden.

Harden is the MVP. The best basketball player on the planet. I thought all this hero-ball ball-hog nonsense would have left with the Lin fans. Fans need to take one hand and smack it into their other hand, then repeat that really fast. That's all you need to do when you think about Harden or when you watch Harden. If you are criticizing him with his performance this season....man I don't really have anything nice to say about that.

#1506 cdrive, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  7. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I will take my comments back regarding the refs, I jumped the gun based on what people said, but having watched the game, that was solely on us! Horrible play, jacking up threes, we just stopped playing the way we did before. It was a total collapse and Josh Smith was just awful. Please stop turning the ball over, losing the ball and post up and dribble with little effort to protect the ball Josh!

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Instead of focusing on Deck's cheesy quote, focus on the bolded part. Rockets could not convert their FTs AND their crazy energy and focus finally fizzled out in the 4th. Settling for good shots (3 pointers) instead of moving the ball for great shots.

9. tenguin

tenguin Member

Just watched the game and yeah, way too much whining about refs. We gave that game away. We got a few calls our way early and they got a couple late. Our defense broke down and these guys kept passing the ball to josh on the 3 point line. They're just enabling him.

10. tenguin

tenguin Member

By the way, this game was nowhere close to our first game with the hawks on bad refs. I wanted to throw my tv bc the calls were so bad that first game. I am not scared of the hawks at all. We owned them both games

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I wonder what 5-21, 5 ast and 6 to in the 4th quarter tells you.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hard to hit shots .. . .and keep hold of the ball .. . when you getting hacked to hell without a call?

Rocket River

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

NBALP are a bunch of thieves !!! I am 685 miles from Houston and have to watch the Grizzlies announcers if I want to watch. Fortunately, I have the internet NBA deal where I can get either the Houston or opposing announcers. Just listened to a DTV rep tell me it was the "owners" who controlled the blackouts. I'm sure ole Les is really concerned about me not driving the 685 miles to buy a ticket. What a joke ! There will be no more guilty feelings about having the internet service going forward.