1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 4/14/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Cam's passing ability was always there, he was just too immature to do it. If he can overcome that, look out!

roslolian, DaDakota, Patience and 2 others like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't believe they finished .500. I'm so proud of them. They far surpassed my expectations for the year.

Also, Amen is an absolute monster. If he ever learns to shoot look out, because he's already good at pretty much everything else.

3. Risingred

Risingred Member

If we were in the east, we made the playin easily. So proud of this team.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

.500 has a nice ring to it, especially with Sengun missing so many games.

Tfor3, roslolian, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

.500 with busts, bricks and baby hooks. I’m impressed.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

The young talent on this team is impressive. Got to put it all together next season. Almost is not going to be enough next year.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was good to see the improvement, Amen got the triple double and Jalen had almost as many points as shot attempts.

WestendMassive likes this.
  8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Nope. He has literally never demonstrated the ability to pass. Doesn’t mean he can’t develop it, but let’s not pretend he didn’t drop 20 spots because of his historically bad awareness and passing ability in college.

9. TimDuncanDonaut

Team could have been a few games over .500 if they had Josh Christopher.

whathappened, sirjesse and Easy like this.
  10. Williamson

Even with continued improvement, we need a team or two to implode. Don't expect the Grizzlies to be at the bottom of the standings next year. I'm hoping for the Warriors or Lakers to somehow take the plummet

solid likes this.
  11. Williamson

And don't forget my boy Isaiah Hartenstein, who is likely going to make an All-Defense team this year. And he'd also make All-NBA if stupid Tom Thibodeau would unleash him on offense.

12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Hairystein is like a punch to the gut every time I see his stat line. I hope Tilman makes the Rock do a push up for every board he gets and a sit up for every point he scores.

Tfor3, Williamson and WestendMassive like this.
  13. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

That last 12 mins of Boban was fun to watch. If he retires that was a good way to go out for him. Does make me think though in games we struggled with height, 5-10 mins of Boban might of helped a little.

Congrats to the boys for making .500. I didn't think they would get that many wins.

Young guys will hopefully be hungry and will work hard to improve as much as they can in the off season.

Me and my son will also make our debut trip to the US for about 3 weeks from late December. We will be looking forward to see the Rockets in person at the Toyota centre. Can't wait!

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

A solid season, u would figured we were sht with the amount of btching from the anti senguns and jaters.

Improvement from our youngsters, a coach that holds his players accountable, future is bright. If sengun didn't get injured playoff was possible this year

saleem and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yes sir, Governor!

Tfor3 and sirjesse like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nigerians are never racist, they just prefer other Nigerians.

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Negative. There's a difference between having the ability to pass and being willing to pass. He can do it, he just never did do it. That's why he dropped. Maturity. And he's still not there yet on that front.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He dropped because a source sent a message of red flags before the Draft and that rarely happens so close before the Draft.

It's irresponsible though. They were out to get him (I feel it is more personal) and the 20th pick makes so much less than a 5th or 6th pick.

19. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Another season. Been here since Yao's rookie season.

Thank you everyone for making this site what it is. Even Stone's groupies.
    Great season, future looks bright. If this was the start of our process, please dont let phase 2 be the Colangelo years in Philly. Be patient and dont sell the farm if its not a star.

sirjesse likes this.
  20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I forgot to mention- being at the game earlier, besides the whole Boban free chicken incident-They were giving away free concessions the entire night and I couldn’t believe it. A season ticket holder sitting next to me theorized that they had a surplus of inventory and since they were leaving the building behind and going with new contracts and new vendors next season, they decided to just give it all away. Everything except alcoholic beverages, three items per vendor.

pretty cool way to end the season!

#440 across110thstreet, Apr 14, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024