1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 3/7/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2018.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Tbh, i didnt watch the 2nd half, but at least in the 1st half, Bucks were playing pretty physical and refs were letting em play. Could Harden have been gassed? Not trying to give Harden a pass, but wonder if that could have been factor, especially on a 2nd night of a back to back.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thank you, man. We noticed.

3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Yeah, I noced that too, he seems to lack the mental discipline to follow a gameplan, maybe our structure or lack of, fits him well.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

He was gassed, I specifically remember a play where he purposely fouled a player because he couldn’t get back on D due to the constant driving he was doing.

I don’t understand how often people overlook the fact that there’s nights where he’s driving the ball around 5 times a quarter.

The Bucks announcer said it best, Harden was on cruise control but he scored when we needed some points in the 2nd and got us the big lead that Milwaukee never recovered from. Can’t expect him to have it on all game or have unlimited stamina.

da_juice, D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

gassed maybe, but he has played better on a 2nd night b2b before.

He had 5 points in the second half - thats pretty poor for a player of his caliber who has the ball in his hands. The Bucks almost did recover from the lead in the 3rd quarter if not for Paul being subbed in for Harden.

I am not asking him to be a super man who can play 48 minutes a game, but he was clearly not giving much of an effort in the second half especially after he didn't get a few calls. He spent a lot of time arguing and complaining to the refs and I thought at one point he was going to get a T as well. It was easily the most I've seen Harden complain to the refs all season.

Its not a new thing with him, but i am super grateful we have a guy in Paul who has the mental toughness to push through that and still perform. Without Paul last night this would have been a loss for sure. I am not trying to dump on Harden, but just recognizing one of his shortcomings (and they are not many) as a player.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

That’s fair, I don’t mind him getting back late on defense due to him driving but I would like to see him complain less, although Gordon does this more than Harden.

To be fair, Hardens been great at adjusting all season long when the refs decide to ignore him. CP3 has been spectacular just like we thought we would, definitely the player a team like last year needed.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He was guarding greek freak for stretches in a b2b. Suddenly harden not being able to be perfect on o n d on a b2b is a major shortcoming. He has led the rockets to the leagues best record and the franchise. best record playing more mins than cp3 kd steph at mvp level o n d efficjency for 60 games. even greek freak who has the luxury of not playing b2b can only muster 4 more points and a big L. and since when did scoring 2 more pts kd & steps season average become "lack of effort"?

and really? the league and refs spend the whole summer to alter the rules spefically to limit harden and harden has no right to argue and complain about blatant non calling of legit fouls?

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I just took a break and checked CF... I had 17 alerts. Coincidence... I think not.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Honestly, 82 games are too long before the playoffs. 65 games are enough, for quality playoff games.

Harden is starting to run out of gas.
    I want him to have good stamina and be in a good frame of mind going into the playoffs. This is more important than ending up with the number 1 seed, or the best ever regular season
    record for Houston. I hope the one day rest before the Toronto game, will rejuvenate him. Go Harden! Go Houston Rockets!

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. saleem

Of course he does have that right, but will that change anything? MDA should take that up with the refs. Harden has improved his focus when things are going wrong, which is a big reason why he is the leader for the regular season MVP. He needs to keep it up, despite being gassed out at times.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Gerald green is really an X factor player. Issue with him is he’s falling in love with the three and at wrong times. Guy is the most athletic player on the team and whenever he’s randomly isolated on a man and can drive/jump over him he decides to take a rushed three..... he doesn’t drive enough

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and saleem like this.
  14. saleem

You have hit the nail on the head! I hope Coach will take that up with him. It's fine to mix things up.

Rox11 likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah but even cp3 does that.. I mean he still ain't as bad as other superstars getting a tech/getting ejected and all ..

gassed from the season + b2b (being hounded by paul george & physical okc team) + guarding greek freak + driving continuously + not getting legit fouls called

and I think 28 pts and 6 assists 35 minutes plus a W ( after a night of 23 pts 11 assists 36 mins plus a W) considering the above circumstances is him trying his best to keep it up

this year he's leading the league averaging 11 pts and getting fouled 2.1 on drives
    almost 3 pts and 1 foul more than last
    almost 3 pts and 1 foul more than lebron and westbrook this year

plus making steph level 4 3s a night and kd level 9 fgs a night

and 9 assits per game 1 more than cp3

thats literally pushing his body to the limits to get this team to the most success and best chance in the POs

#955 vlaurelio, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  16. houston19519

houston19519 Member

[​IMG]

tenor.gif

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

THE RED BEAST
    [​IMG]

I hope he gets alot of rest
    else at the end of the championship
    he will be like:
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

Obito and houston19519 like this.
  18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

he's too used to refs spoiling his fat ass that's why.... he can't expect refs call everything, especially on the road. His pouting last night was a bit immature and dramatic.

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

well one of the reasons Harden was more passive was the Bucks were doubling him right off the PNR. He had to just give up the ball after that. Plus you can tell everybody was gas, super tough schedule with crazy b2b's. A highly emotional game for the guys in OKC and then right at it with Bucks. He however need to take care of the ball, that's b2b games of crazy turnovers for Harden but that's also 2 games with super long players that most other teams don't have.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

He’s pretty dumb to be honest. Even Wafer was playing more versatile when Green has all the talent. I see now why he doesn’t stick on a roster. Glad we have enough talent as to not needing him for the playoffs. I wish he’d stop chucking and start playing smarter.