1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 3/7/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2018.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This long win streak is making me uncomfortable. I'd be relieved to take the loss here. We don't want to peak in March, we want to peak in the playoffs. And, when you have a long win streak, players start working to preserve the win streak and not pacing and preparing themselves for the playoffs. The 22 win streak was pretty cool, but amounted to nothing when everyone got injured and we got ousted early from the playoffs.

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

We need to learn what a box out is tonight. I pray we do.

saleem likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The thing thats so special about this streak though, it doesnt even feel special. It doesnt seem like they are overexerting or going outside their comfort zone to maintain it. Theyre just playing their style of ball. Its fantastic.

skroodup25 and chadyang like this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't think this is about the streak. They have to keep winning because they want that #1 seed and the Warriors aren't losing. And I'd say games like the ones vs Boston and Utah do help them prepare for the playoffs.

Now if they sweep this road trip, THEN we're gonna start hearing a lot more talk about this streak. And rightfully so since they'd have a shot at beating the franchise record of 22 straight from 10 years ago.

5. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Crazy 16 in a row and only a half game up...ugh lol

Joe Rz and chadyang like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Do you misspell Capela's name on purpose?
    who? Wrong player/wrong team.

You might have meant Malcolm Brogdon ... he's out due to injury.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They got the young legs, but limited shooting. Their bigs are also horrible. A back to back on the road is really tough, but I like our chances.

#67 MrButtocks, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    DonKnock likes this.
  8. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

+= 17 wins babby!!! No mercy ....soon

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Un huh.. lets let the Utah jazz worry about Bogdanovic and the pacers going on a tear, he doesn't play for the bucks dude.. If you meant Brogdon, he is also injured

DonKnock and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  10. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Man lets be honest, who hear thought post all star break we would have gone on a six game win streak beating a healthy Minnesota then Nuggets, Jazz and Clippers on the road followed by Celtics and then Thunder on the road.. This streak is better then the 22 game winning streak considering the quality of opponents.. We have beaten spurs by double digits, we humbled king james in cleveland by 30+, and now adding celtics and thunder on the victim list.. Not to mention the real Kind James 60 point tripp dub was also in this streak... This streak is already better then the 22 win streak..

11. count_dough-ku

That's what happens when you're dealing with a team like the Warriors. You have to win 64-65 games to even have a shot at home court all the way through the playoffs. This is reminiscent of those late-90s Sonics and Jazz teams that each won 64 games......and still had to go on the road vs the Bulls.

chadyang and fryjol7 like this.
  12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Want to se Henson vs Capela

Who is playing 2nite if Nene doesn´t go? It´s going to be a Thon Maket matchup.

Haven´t seen them since Kidd firing, but they´were hot not long ago. I agree with a post, I don´t care about the streak, but if we have the motivation to keep competing for the #1 seed against one of the best teams of all time, I say we go for it.

saleem likes this.
  13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

nope. accident

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  14. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

You think we are infuriated... How do you think the warriors team feel.. they are obviously taking care of inferior teams that they need to. The only impressive win was the 30 point dubbing they give the thunder, other than that they have just rolled non playoff teams with some of the worst record. they won by 5 against hawks, they won by 8 against wizards, won by 13 against nets. They probably hoped we would have rolled atleast two games by now.. they were hoping celtics, jazz or thunder would roll us.. I am sure they are more frustrated then we are... We know how good they are, they are not any better then last year, their bench has slightly deteriorated.... KD and Steph are already in their prime, and Klay and Green have sort of hit a ceiling are putting worst stats then last year....

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

No, the 22 game win streak was better because we had to through like half of it without Yao. We had no business winning that many games in a row. We went from being middle of the conference to #1 after that streak. It was magical. This one is great because we’re the top dog of the league and we’ve gotten revenge on so many teams that beat us earlier in the season, but that streak was better so far.

I reserve the right to change my mind if this streak goes past 22.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Imagine winning that Pelicans game and being on a 21 game win streak and only half a game up on Oakland. Damn.

17. count_dough-ku

No doubt the 22-game winning streak was more special. The schedule was somewhat soft, but that was mitigated by the loss of Yao 12 games into the streak. And it's not like there weren't some impressive wins in there. I recall road wins at the (then)Hornets, Mavs, and Hawks and obviously the home win over the Lakers to reach 22. Plus there was a novelty factor in it being the 2nd longest winning streak in NBA history at the time. Since then, we've had the Heat win 27 in a row(also with Shane Battier oddly enough) and the Warriors with 24 straight to open the 2016-17 season.

The Rockets would have to keep this thing going through Portland on 3/20 for me to really get psyched about it. Now only would the Rockets be at 24 wins at that point, but they'd have a very realistic shot at 30+. Until then, I'm more focused on merely staying ahead of the Warriors.

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

19. threepointshot3

Say what you want about Kneemac or shemac but during that streak he was phenomenal

20. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Time to make a pit stop in Milwaukee for another win and continue our journey to route 22.

BoneYardDog likes this.