1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 8/4/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Well that sure wasn’t a fun game to watch. That said, we didn’t play great and still could’ve won against a deceptively good Blazers team.

And for those of us who are once again here after a loss to talk ****, let me remind you that the Bucks lost to the Nets today and the Clips lost to the Suns. I’d say overall it hasn’t been a good day for the better teams.

Bring on the Lakers!

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is it Halloween already?

3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Go stan some more, fanboy.

CK Johnson likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah my faith is dwindling but realistically he has the best chance based on history to ignite and be our best high volume high efficiency catch and shoot guy on the roster

D-rock likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

I watched it too. There was no 1 on 1s the whole game(mostly) except for the end of the 4th. It might have looked like that but every time Harden had a man in isolation another guy would come over. They were soft traps. It doesnt really matter cause we got good offense out of it.

He's fine, he just had bad night and didnt capitalize on his 1v1s with Dame.

waytookrzy079 and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do you ever talk basketball?

All you do is b**** about Harden and Mike.

Are you some Chinese bot?

Or just a real b****?

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Shut up already and go. You're an ignorant hater who doesnt provide any analysis of substance.

Remlap, fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I just analyzed their weaknesses, fanboy.

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'll confirm I saw him blow by and get to the rim bunch of times.

But the last TO he had was Melo stealing because he was on the left side of the court, looking towards the back, using his left hand to handle it. He was totally out of it. Maybe this was part of it.

Like I said, I still saw him waiting for the screen and the screen turned into a trap. It would be really efficient for Harden to use the left-to-right dribble to blow by his defenders. He does when he's on his A game, but he didn't care for it this time. The full-court defense they put on Harden may really be getting to him too.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Figures that is your idea of analysis.

You're not even on ZDog's level.

hakeem94, fckbandwagons and Reeko like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

You're analysis is trash. You focus on all of the weaknesses while focusing on none of the posotives. We have quality wins with this small ball lineup and no team has blown us out. You're just a dude who cries and frankly, you dont post stats or film to back up your claims. There is just nothing to you but you whining and crying.

Remlap and fckbandwagons like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cannot always do this when ther is a zone in the paint.

Blazers did this often. The wall was usually for Russ.

That is why we had so many open 3's.

Rockets spacing was a little off tonight too.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

seriously...somebody get that baby a binky so he can shutup

fake fairweather fans, trolls, and haters have crawled out of their hole underneath the kitchen sink like a bunch of roaches to get some nibbles off a Rockets loss

just a bunch of clowns

hakeem94, Remlap, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Like I get it if you manage to get 1 or 2 to drop early on, but when you have a chance to take a hard fought lead on multiple occasions, and that's what you settle for? On a night you bricked 7 free throws? We can do better there...

15. SORF

SORF Member

Yes, when I saw the earlier losses, I knew it would be a bad day for us. Better to lose tonight and take it on Thursday against the Lakers.

Roomba and D-rock like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, those opportunities were far and few between and were mostly in transition.

That possesion on Melo was like ...nothing, it was barely a possession, Harden was out of control and didnt get full control of the ball.

Harden usually takes time to break down his man a little, and they used that to send the other defender. If you look at it, almost every time .....dude would have a 1v1 another would slide over. There was nothing he could do but pass it out. None of this had anything to do with dudes sitting on his left.

D-rock likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A little perspective: With no home court advantage in the bubble, the 4-5 seed wouldn't be that bad.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

haters believe useless statements like “small ball doesn’t work” and “they choked” qualifies as analysis...these trolls are funny

D-rock likes this.
  19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

When Harden eventually got those 1v1 situations, he's already gone cold or lost his rhythm.

I honestly don't get how we haven't found a solution to the constant double-teaming for Harden. It's been happening for the past 18 months. And now with Westbrook in our team, this should not be happening. This is why this falls on MDA's head. Any decent coach would have found a solution by now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

In my mind, it negates the win we had against the Bucks. You tell me we end up splitting these 2 games 2 days ago, and I'm like, so the sky's blue. The only solace I take from it is that other elite teams lost to fringe teams tonight as well.

Whoever had that Nets, Suns, Blazers parlay tonight, you're a better man than I...

D-rock likes this.