1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/20/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2018.

1. riko

riko Member

No one is saying they are better then us but it dose not negate from the fact that the blazers are a very good outfit. They were only conceding 90 per game with an ultra good defense in the last 13 games and we still scored 115 on them with Ryno, Trevor, Clint and Tucker being non factors for majority of the night.

#1601 riko, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden getting in shape and shedding weight is paying wonders.

He beat guards of the dribble with shere quickness and speed in some of those drive ins.

Damn this is the quickest I've ever seen him since his first year with Houston but now with way more in his toolbox .

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I Think you’re over analyzing it man.

Harden is very humble.

He never disrespect me anyone in post game interviews.

In between those lines he can say and do whatever he wants as long as it’s legal and not personal.

Him saying barbecue chicken is just him having fun with Shaq because the game was on TNT and that’s a line Shaq says all the time.

I like the Rockets flexing there muscles a little bit.

They have a right to be confident and when asked a question answer it honestly.

To me I don’t think anyone on this team is disrespectful at all or taking it ovwrboard.

The worst thing was the Capela incident. He prob shouldn’t have said that but it wasn’t disrespectful it was just him being amped up after a big win, he actually was the big x-factor that game and he thinks the rockets as does everyone in the organization that when they click and play there best ball nobody can beat them.

I would be alarmed if they didn’t feel that way.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gordon can also be an option as a closer in addition to Harden and CP3.
    I think Chris can/will finish better in the clutch with better fitness. There is no doubt that Ariza, Clint, and Tucker will have to put up more points. I wish we had a healthy Wright as a backup. Joe can't cut it anymore.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

ALL HAIL THE POWER OF LATINA CHICKS

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I never watch Shaq and Chuck because their idiots... I didn't realize the bbq chicken thing was an inside joke. For some reason, that makes me feel a lot better about it, lulz.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Interesting to note at box score, blazers won in almost caterogry (except points) and our MVP has a negative +/-. Hence y I laugh every time I see jj haters use +/- as a legitimate reason to y he needs to be benched over streaky Gg. Anderson needs to step it up.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

9. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Yeah, I mean, Scott asked Harden what he thinks when opposing teams allow their big men to get switched onto him on the perimeter. Throwing out an NBA on TnT inside joke as a response, no matter how dumb I think it is, is definitely not the most arrogant thing I've ever heard a player say. Pretty damn tame, in my opinion. It's just common knowledge if you put a big on Harden, your big is going to get abused indefinitely.

Harden is extremely humble most all of the time. Comparing anyone's humbleness-factor to The Dream is pure folly. That man was one in a billion.

10. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

If you guys want a chuckle, go read the game thread on the blazers reddit.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Rockets have the higher potential and are on another level, therefore the blazers are lucky that the rockets didn't play to their full potential. im not sure how else to say to make you get it. theres a trend on this board to always down talk the rockets no matter how good we are. we will have the best standing in Houston rockets history. so at no point are the rockets lucky they won tonight. the only luck is in the blazers favor that the rockets didn't **** stomp them. they toyed with them uptil it was time to get serious and win the game. I would prefer they didn't do that but its the second half of the season and i suspect they are taking it easy. also we've been playing a lot of games in a short amount of time.

#1611 SF3isBack!!, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    BigShasta and Tankeio like this.
  12. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Reading the comments on absolutely any tweet regarding Harden is so pain-staking and awful. The level of disrespect given to one of the league's top talents is maddening. And James is a top player of not only this generation, but of all time. The amount of slander is ****ing perplexing to me.

Travel.
    No defense lol
    Game 6?

Pick your poison.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

FIFY

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Only one way to shut them up...!!!

Get that chip

HakeemOnlyFan and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

yes it is

18. riko

riko Member

39-2 with the trio of harden-cp and clint

Killatron 2000, hakeem94, MGC and 2 others like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Look at +/- for a whole season or a stretch of games. Not for a game.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden straight up embarrassed Dame tonight on national TV.

Killatron 2000 and Hakeemtheking like this.