1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/20/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2018.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Who cares

In the playoffs everyone wants to win and everyone is extra motivated. If you need harden talking junk to you to get motivated for the playoffs?

Well your sorry ass isn’t ever going to win.

Harden can say whatever he wants he backs it up his team is the best in the entire nba by 4 games he’s about to win mvp in 11 games and he’s just killing everyone with dagger clutch shots.

And that includes Golden State and Rip City.

What superstar is not cocky? That’s why harden is so good because he truely believes he’s the best and he’s not wrong.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What? Harden has been cooking centers, forwards, small forwards, guards all season. Rockets haven't talked any ****. If anything, Rockets have been disrespected for having the audacity to be confident in a league that features the Warriors.

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Sure, but why give anyone any extra motivation...? What's the point? Especially don't wanna risk pissing off some scrub who then Zaza's Paul or Harden.

4. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Whatever man I just looked up who all they beat and not one of them were a contender or healthy...

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

they would be celebrating if Harden was traded to their team

weakfromtoday likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Where did the Blazers Dame Guy go?:)

Remlap, ghettocheeze and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Lillard and McCollum didn't exactly play up to their potential either. The Rockets won because Harden hit some unbelievable shots. But I am getting nervous with this total reliance on ISO-ing late in close games. CP3 put up a horrible shot attempt at the end that he was lucky to get an offensive board off of.

Little Bit likes this.
  8. Roxs-Redemption

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LMAO!! Over some gawd damn soup too!

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden calling Nurkic BBQ chicken is light, c’mon man

there’s worse trash talking going on during the actual game...nobody but fans will even remember it 2 days from now

11. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

I honestly think they could not be any more motivated ... And most of those guys on that team, despite talking trash earlier seem like stand up guys... And from what I've seen, most player truly respect both Paul and Harden ... media is the ones that hate them

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Luck favors the brave. There is no doubt though that the Blazers are talented, they have a balanced attack and a decent to good defense. Go Houston Rockets!

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

See below.

I think humility is a trait we should all respect, at least in public. I know they're all cocky, but most at least try to hide it from the lights and cameras. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a huge deal, especially in isolation, but this combined with stuff like Capela (and Gordon, IIRC?) saying we're better than the Warriors and whatnot... It's not the personality I really want us to have.

"Stay humble, stay hungry" - The Dream

Let your game do the talking.

I dunno, maybe I'm overanalyzing it... Just seemed a little strange to me.

saleem and Tankeio like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

School night. Don't want to chock on his math quiz.

bobmarley and saleem like this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Rockets are the better team so I stand by my prior statement.

16. AB423

AB423 Member

Good win but that ISO ball reminds me of the end of game 5 vs the Spurs. Need to get back to better offense. Luckily shots were going in tonight.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Chill out, man! Capela said, if healthy, he believes the Rockets are better than GSW. Media took it out of context and ran with it. Harden said Nurkic is barbecue chicken in a playful manner. Harden didn't even talk crap after killing off Wesley Johnson's entire family lineage. Gordon said the Rockets would be ready for Toronto.

That is the long and short of the "sh*t talking". Rockets haven't said much of anything all season..

heypartner and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If someone sends that to Lillard n McCollum on Twitter. They will respond.

BigShasta and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've said it before and hopefully many times to come, I'm glad Harden plays for us.

This team is on autopilot and has still only lost 1 game in almost 2 months.

BigShasta and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I saw those moments too. We'd lose if the refs swing a few (more) points over while ignoring Harden's fouls, and everyone passes up or takes hasty shots. It's happened before...

I'm still very optimistic it's different than old playoffs. Team trusts each other and the "snipers" we added can actually play D rather than one or the other. Will they shrink in the spotlight too? Who hasn't before?

A big question would be how often Harden freezes in a game and whether these guys can pick up his slack. Chris has imposed his will for a win or two in the playoffs, which is totally different than whatever roster we've cobbled together in the past. I think it's those times where if they stay cool, Harden gets back and readjusts to the refs/defense/headgames sooner. Or maybe he finally breaks out of those funks and starts stopping bullets like Neo?

And I wasn't left with a bad taste when the trade deadline ended this year, compared to the last 4-5+ years.

60+ wins resets to 0 when the playoffs start, but it's a different kind of worry to be looking down instead of climbing up.

noppeper likes this.