1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/5/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's what they said but never trust their word. (Don't @ me @DreamShook ;))

snowconeman22 and Vivi like this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If I'm here early, Rockets win. If I don't think they win, I save it to myself and keep it off the board. With, or without winning in Portland, it is still a winning trip. Beating GSW is winning, beating a fully functional GSW is a win. I rather beat winners of Larry O'Brien Trophy than whiny boys in Portland.

3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I am looking forward to some more record breaking boring wins!:)

Killatron 2000 and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

WTF is THAT?

Hakeemtheking and Killatron 2000 like this.
  5. YallMean

YallMean Member

We beat the Warriors in their gym and we can beat anybody.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

callahan's a prick

jcf likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not sure rivers/capela/house will be able to replicate their performances again, which is why gordon is desperately needed back. he really is a frustrating player to have on your roster. everything has to be just perfect not only for his shot to be on, but for him to be ready to play. there is no structural problem whatsoever so a week should have been more than enough time to have rehabbed his booboo by now. especially with james and the other guys killing themselves to stay afloat while he's been out.

Hakeemtheking and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Harden vs the Blazers....
    This might be the 82 points game night guys!

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

LOL

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

If he goes 5/13 with 18 points, I think Rivers can easily replace that. To me it’s PJ that needs to step up. If he puts up 12+ points with good defense, we will have a chance to win every game. Good news Blazer just played last night and you can their D suffocating.

Be interesting to see if they try to get the ball out of Hardens hands tonight.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

If he goes 5/13 with 18 points, I think Rivers can easily replace that. To me it’s PJ that needs to step up. If he puts up 12+ points with good defense, we will have a chance to win every game. Good news Blazer just played last night and you can their D suffocating.

Be interesting to see if they try to get the ball out of Hardens hands tonight. Of course if they do that, harden will handle the point less

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Think I met you at Spirit of 77 once. @topfive's_gf and I want to be at the MODA Center doors when they open at 5:30 so we can watch the shootaround, so we'll be at Spirit of 77 at 4:00 if anyone wants to join us.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dunno tbh. A trail of sparks.

Killatron 2000 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

And just like that, @topfive's_gf gets Ackerman to tweet it:

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah but at this point in probably our toughest stretch of the season, with CP3 out and rivers still probably learning our plays and ennis not ready (dude missed 3 out of 4 FT's last game) it just pisses me off that EG can't play 10min to give our guys a breather. we literally need bodies to put on the floor right now.

and tucker has for the most part been great. but his game has definitely fallen off the past couple weeks. part of that is the heavy minutes we've been playing him. and i would guess another part is his godawful diet. for an almost 34yr old pro athlete to scarf down junk food calories every single day is insane. he's eating 2 stacks of pancakes with sugar syrup plus sugar drinks daily.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. YallMean

YallMean Member

lol @ the pancakes. I love them too.

Gordon probably could go if this were play off game. But I rather want him to be rested up. It’s still early in the season. I actually wouldn’t mind giving Harden rest too. But it would take gun at his head right now for him to rest. So let’s ride his hotness. This is fun. Every win without CP and Gordon is just going to add to his cause to MVP. A loss will just be excused.

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Awesome stuff

Killatron 2000 and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

with just a couple losses we could be out of the playoff picture. i know what you mean with resting up, but this is really the season for this roster to make something happen. cp3 and tucker are turning 34 and GS clearly has some discontent going on. fakers will sign some top 10 players next summer. i really think gordon needs to man up and play thru what was described a week ago as "irritation"

and btw i'm more of a waffles guy :D

19. RyanB

RyanB Member

yup only 3's on your face lol

macan and pippendagimp like this.
  20. RyanB

RyanB Member

good one