1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 10/26/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2019.

1. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Russel was in preseason chill mode, cause once season started hes on a different level haha

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I already love Russ more than Frauden.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I recorded the game but watched the Astros instead. After looking at the stats from tonight's game I think I'll crash. I don't want to see James chunking a load of bricks in full ball hog mode and turning the ball over 8 times. I would have liked to see House and Tucker hitting the 3's and Westbrook's hustle though. I'm just glad they won.

Tfor3, hakeem94, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  4. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Not gonna speak on the many negatives of Harden tonight. Instead a few positives:
    -Russ is a beast. He really creates opportunities offensively by his relentless drives to the rim off the catch, and when pushing the ball in transition. Some of those drives he converted happened so fast and early into the shot clock. Also really impressed by his passing game. He's making quality finds out there.
    -Danuel House has been playing pretty decently overall; hitting his 3s, driving off the kickouts from harden/russ and being able to make a few dimes here and there. He blew a layup or two off of basket cuts, but they were good cuts nonetheless.
    -Mainly russ lol.

5. riko

riko Member

Russ is so much better then Paul that’s it’s not even a comparison at this point. The Rockets absolutely raped the Thunder..

Harden pls stop taking threes dude. You’re threes are off so go into the paint and kick it out to the shooters.

House was damn good after a average first game.

Gordon is still inconsistent

Defense is Pretty porous right now which will kill us later in the season if we don’t get it right..we are getting killed on the perimeter. I hope we are out there trying to acquire a Crowder or a Ingles type to help us out there

#845 riko, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

lmao

roslolian likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hence, leadership skills are suspect

Great player though, true

HewbieTrippin and roslolian like this.
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You've gotta be kidding me? Harden is the start of the team. You're not going to win a championship unless Harden performs amazingly. He has way higher expectations than a role player.

roslolian likes this.
  9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The only thing I don’t like about House is he passed up open shots. Otherwise he was very good tonight. I am impressed with his passing.

Houstunna and don grahamleone like this.
  10. rockets13champs

Offense should run thru westbrook

HewbieTrippin, apollo33 and roslolian like this.
  11. rockets13champs

I was still pleased to see very solid crowd at TC.

12. rockets13champs

Harden still has a lot of cp3 in him, not to knock cp but the chasing fouls and doing things for the refs only to notice. Russ plays his game and doesn’t chase fouls. That’s what I love about him so much. I think Russ is going to change harden, but obviously it will take time

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

There’s no point in him being the coach if he’s going to let the players “figure things out.”

ak99999, roslolian and Mr. Space City like this.
  14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Funny how you guys made fun of Westbrook for chasing meaningless stat lines and then you go and say this. It's not about stats. It's about efficiency...

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Our defense is taking a big step back ...

Not sure Pringles is the right coach for this team without a good defensive coordinator.

MrSabotage, daywalker02 and ak99999 like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Pringles is the wrong coach for this team no matter what happens to the defense. Can't have somebody with no balls manage James Harden he needs a disciplinarian coach who can control him ala Kerr, Pops, Bud etc

ak99999 likes this.
  17. Audioout

Audioout Member

Look, we all know everyone is going to be laughing at Harden hitting himself in the face with the ball all year but seriously, if you haven't seen the Pelicans broadcast where it shows Hart's reaction to Harden...do yourself a favor and make the best out of an embarrassing situation.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

The 2016-17 Rockets were really fast. I don't get it.

19. riko

riko Member

Harden will be fine. Every player has a shooting slump every once in a while

D-rock likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Harden was on his feet with the rest of the bench when Westbrook was doing his thing.