1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 11/19/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

where's that guy who posts full game downloads? i wanna watch all two of ryan's post moves this season.

BigShasta and Cashmoney like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well honestly calling him a playmaker is a huge step up for him, wasn't playmaking like a big fat zero for him previously? And its also the only gaping hole in his game as he's adequate defender and sniper from the 3 so seeing him make several plays is great, with harden gordon bev and ennis I'm pretty sure we have the 2nd best guars rotation in the league after GSW.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe coach is just trying to get Bev into playing shape dude needs a lot of burn with the starters to develop chemistry. While the Rox led for the latter half it wasnt really a blow out so maybe thats why Ennis didnt get any pt.

MrSabotage likes this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Clutch posted after the game that he was walking around and everything and had no ice. He's probably good.

DonKnock and pippendagimp like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, it seems like Clint and Nene are getting better each game. I'm loving it! I hope Ariza and Anderson come back strong from their shooting funk the last couple games to light it up against Detroit and Toronto. It's great having Pat back, and I can't wait to see him work his way back into full time minutes, to bring more fight and energy to our defense. I'm still waiting for Dekker to take more 3's. He's shooting .417 and only taken 24 3's. He just doesn't seem get the ball enough, and passes it off too much when he does. Gordon rarely gets him the ball, and seems to just want to keep it himself or throw it to Nene. I like Gordon, but he is becoming a terrible ball hog.

roslolian likes this.
  6. Remlap

Remlap Member

You lost me at Ennis. . . .o_O

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The hate Ennis gets for being a 3rd string point is almost as ridiculous as the love Prigioni got for picking a couple pockets and never shooting open 3s or the love Beasley got for being slightly better than Terrance Jones. It's a complete rejection of reality. It isn't even ignorance, it's willing stupidity. Fact is, it was another great move by Morey and likely saved the beginning of our season.

Y'all wanna get down on Brewer? A veteran, been here a minute and basically underperformed even the lowest expectations...fine. The name calling is still pretty childish but at least the player is poor and needs to go. Ennis is a young guy, just got here and is bandaid for Beverley they swapped for by giving up nothing.

MrSabotage likes this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We brought Gordon is to basically be a ball hog when he's playing with the second unit. So can't really fault the guy for that.

He had 20/7/6 on 4/8 shooting from deep.

He's really finding his groove offensively the last few games and is one of the leaders in 3s made a game as well as %. He's been fantastic and his defense has been really good so far.

I think his playmakinh is getting better so lest reserve judgment but ultimately he was brought it to get buckets and shoot a lot of 3s. He's doing a really good job so far.

roslolian likes this.
  9. Drogba

Drogba Member

Gordon would be even better if he could make layups.

10. rockets13champs

Bev is helps 2nd unit tremendously, during the opening part of 2nd and 4th. Also Eric Gordon and James playing together makes me smile. Awesome to see some shooters

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get that, and agree he is good, but the last couple games he seemed like he was playing with blinders on. Maybe it's just me noticing it, but when he went 5 for 20 the other night it bothered me. I noticed it again last night, but he was making pts, so it didn't hurt us. It's just that Dekker would be wide open waving a hand and Gordon wouldn't even look his way. I can understand him taking a lot of 3's, but when we do have other guys who might be more open he doesn't seem to notice, and tries to force it himself.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Jazz have been straight up trash without Favors. As long as he's out they have no frontcourt.

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Mom, I've told you not to post on these forums.
    Sincerely Tyler

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Still in awe at this. The call was amazing too.

Dankstronaut, MistaK and tmactoyao like this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Tyler, you're playing pretty well...don't mind these fools who are still hung up on aged PGs and chucking tweeners.

Love,
    Mom

Remlap likes this.
  16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Drummond is averaging 15/14. He is 2nd in the NBA in rebounding. Tobias "Beasley-lite" Harris is actually efficient to start the season. I expect Marcus Morris to put his try hard pants on for this game.

17. Remlap

Remlap Member

Saved our season? LOL
    At least he provided more in the Portland game than just TO's but still have no faith in the guy.

18. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Its nobody else's fault you've set an inappropriately high bar for the guy.

Saved the beginning of the season. That's right. Without him being thrown into the fire and not becoming a roasted pile of ash, this team would've suffered through someone even worse at backup point until bev got back.

19. Remlap

Remlap Member

Mostly we were able to win in spite of Ennis' turnovers and poor shooting.
    But if you think he came to the rescue, then so be it

20. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

If you're pinning wins on anything other than the brilliance of James harden you're crazy.