1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 4/5/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 5, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the more important questions are if Tari and Sengün can be healthy over a full season for multiple years.....

Jalen Green is too over-talked in here......peeps are still swooning over an inconsistent guy.....

Sonicbun8, ramotadab and Roomba like this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

In some ways I truly feel he has!

But he is NOT better without Alpi and he is NOT where he needs to be yet. This is a do-or-die summer for him, I think. He's shown some good, even great play in March. He was awful before that. Consistency is key

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

On a personal level, I like talking about him because he's one of my favorite young guys on the team and I think his game looks so fun when he's on. I 100% agree with you that there's too much discourse on Jalen here, he's a lightningrod kind of player and his game lends itself to polarizing the fans. Better to have discourse than dead air though, I guess

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know but in general he clutters like 50% of the GARM, I just think the Advanced Metrics will continue to favor Amen, Tari and Sengün in probably that sequence.

Whitmore will continue to look great in spurts at the eye test.

Roomba and ramotadab like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

**** yeah! The real important things.

6. Strawberry Gum

This is it. He has shown genuine improvement in passing and defending, he's a solid one on one defender and he's mostly making the correct passes. However, his three point will always be an Achilles' heel for him if it does not get consistent. It's essential for a high volume shooting guard.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Defense comes and goes with this team but yeah the whole team was good on Defense for about roughly 55 games out of 82.

His individual D was okay at best, nothing spectacular or great.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think another option is for him to shoot less of them. If you look at Butler from this past game he had 1 more point on 4 less shots and took 3 less 3's. They had the same amount of free throws.

Ja is also someone jalen could model.
    Prime drose couldnt shoot that great either.

But hed need to be relentless at attacking the basket.

Of course like you said, simply becoming a better shooter over the course of the season would be a huge boost as well.

Strawberry Gum likes this.
  9. Strawberry Gum

I think right now he doesn't have enough of a bag to play like that. He became very good at slashing, his finishing is also much better, but he still needs more moves and techniques to be an athletic destroyer in the vein of Ja Morant and Derrick Rose. He lacks those and that's why he relies on his jumpshot that much.

If he gets stronger and adds some new stuff to his arsenal like floaters etc. a less shooting more driving approach is a very possible path for him to follow.

ramotadab and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  10. invocux

invocux Member

Knew it was a linsanity run. Trade him for a consistent shooter.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Yes, trade him for Mikal Bridges and picks and move on. We need a consistent shooting guard for next year and to play with Sengun, Amen and Jabari.

12. JW86

JW86 Member

I wouldn't say the team has given up on the season, but man they are not doing the things they were doing during the streak. Everyone suddenly think it's okay to dribble dribble dribble and shoot a contested shot, a lot of threes are taken from way beyond the 3pt line and often short - so unnecessary, just get closer - we are not boxing out, much less effort on boxing out in general, double team way too early and too often when it's unnecessary and fouling - lunging at - jumpshooters. I get that Jalen and Jock were not going to continue putting up those numbers, but at least play a bit more as a team, shoot from closer and commit to doing the little things that are big like boxing out, rotate and do not double team like mad men. Frustrating to see these mistakes game after game. Lots of growth left for next season. Jabari in the weight room, Jalen in ball handling and passing, Cam on doing everything else besides shooting etc.

ramotadab and Hank McDowell like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I warned against a 11 W streak with players getting too high on emotions and adrenaline.....the result is a fall and mental fatigue.

ramotadab and Sonicbun8 like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jaters are back!!

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know how others feel, but I have finally lost FAITH in Jalen, we need to trade him.

Think I'll start a new thread to announce that.

ramotadab and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalen is such a fluke! :D

17. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Has it been considered that mayyybe teams are just trapping the hek out of Jalen and the rest or the team isn’t filled with other scorers?

ramotadab likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

only coming out of their hole when we are losing. MIA during the win streak, what's new

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

His game isn’t polarizing, it’s his efficiency. There’s people that realize low efficiency players don’t win games, and there’s people that have no clue what efficiency means. The first group generally agrees Jalen is limited, while the second group tends to defend him.

ramotadab likes this.