1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 3/31/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If we were truly desperate then Brewer would not be playing

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Bickerstaff never stays with what works. What a hippocrite. You know what works? Kj mcdaniels coming in to defend works, Beasly Harden pick n roll works, Andrew Gouldlock had a floater that works. This psych doesn't understand what works and it is sad because it is costing the team big. 9th in the west with 6 games left. This's mf has the nerve to talk about things that are working lmao. Firing him asap is gonna work for the rockets, that's one thing I know for sure

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Overtime in game 7?

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It's nice and all that Harden says he isn't getting tired but we can all see it's catching up to him. No other player is forced to play an entire half with out any rest. Especially the 2nd half. It's a foolish move on JBs part.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So instead, you play a very immature player (physically and skill) who gets bumped off the block and we would be having orgasms if he made half his free throws. A player who if I was coaching against the Rockets I would be fouling has soon as he was standing alongside the scorers table waiting to enter the game. Heck, I'd foul him as he was taking off his warmups.

Seriously, while Howard's FT is horrible, and he is obviously overpaid at this stage of his career, he is still defending and rebounding (better than Capela). And he should be scoring more than 10ppg.

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Seriously stupid coaching moving on Jbb part. It is not necessary... You're better off giving Goudlock 10 minutes to come in for Harden. Horrible coaching.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Gouldlock should be GETTING MINUTES regardless...we got at least 3-4 players he can steal minutes from..my goodness!

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Terry and brewer need to play less if not at all

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

One of the saddest moments in my Rockets fandom...that I'm Waiting in anticipation for the big offseason move of Firing JB.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

(29:00)
    <iframe allowfullscreen width="1366" height="643" scrolling="no" src="https://www.iheart.com/video/cp4116-26871225/?embed=true&share=http://www.sports790.com/media/play/26871225/&siteid=589" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

http://www.sports790.com/media/play/26871225/?siteid=589

You really blew that game last night.

We were in position to win the game and needed to close. We stopped doing the things we did to build the lead and they took advantage of it.

What did you stop doing?

Offensively, we got slow & stagnant. They wanted to walk it up and grind it out. Eastern Conference basketball. We're not suited to play that way. We want to push, run, move, space. We didn't do that in the 4th. Defensively, there were mistakes on PnRs they were running. They were spread on the perimeter and made us pay.

Mirotic went nuts. Numerous breakdowns.

He was a game changer. We watched film of it and walked through it on the floor. We have to do a better job translating from film & practice floor to the game floor. The mistake, against guys of this caliber, they'll do what they do: make shots. Gotta find him. Your guys tend to focus on Rose & Butler but then they make you pay by penetrating and finding open shooters.

Back to back Bulls possessions, Butler slips off a PnR, give and go almost, back cut I thought was uncontested and next trip, Beasley & Beverley seemed to be confused and Moore left free for a three. How much of that is Beasley's still new or no, we just can't have those breakdowns?

Beasley is still learning. He's a willing learner. The play Jimmy made was a heck of a play. ... Michael was being aggressive but on the weakside, he has to be protected by his teammates. There should be bodies on the weakside.

Harden, is it getting steal happy or anticipating stuff that then doesn't happen? Justin Holiday isn't a feared 3pt shooter but Mirotic also got him where he's too far in the lane looking to run around and help sometimes and his guy ends up wide open. Basically a warm up jumper. Is there a basic guideline on how far you want him in or no you need to stick with this man closer or just his feel?

We have spots on the floor where guys need to be. What happens & the problem starts is on the initial on-the-ball defense. If guys are able to break you down and get in the lane, then you're forced to help longer and stay in closer to the paint because you want to take away layups. Some of those things are breakdowns where we're in the wrong spot at the wrong time or we are too far off a guy. A lot of times it happens because guys are trying to protect one another but five guys have to be on the same page and hold their responsibility. We have to do a better job keeping guys in front of us.

How shocked are you, 37-39 on the outside looking in?

It's disappointing obviously. It's not where we expected to be. We can only forget the past and look forward. 6 games left and we have to take advantage and see what can happen. As long as you have games left, we have a chance. We have to make sure we take care of business.

OKC Sunday. How much should the intangible of urgency benefit you? They're locked in at the 3rd seed. Should be hair on fire for the Rockets.

No doubt. For history's sake, this game will be hotly contested. There's no love lost between our teams & players. They like to play against each other and beat the other one. I think they'll play and bring it. We can't count on that as a way to form an advantage. We have to play good basketball. Bring our intensity & "A" game and compete for the entire 48 minutes.

Hypothetical: I think if you go 4-2 for a .500 finish and one of the four is at Dallas, you're in. If offered, would you book it or let it roll and say we may need 5 out of 6?

To be honest, we're trying to win them all. Every time we show up, it's to win.

Will you watch the Final 4?

I'll be eating some hot wings and watching it on TV.