1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 10/24/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 22, 2019.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’m not defending D’Antoni here, but he really shouldn’t have to make an adjustment. When teams do this to Harden, they are giving him a wide open driving lane. He simply needs to say thank you and take it every time. He will either get a floater, all the way to the rim, or be able to find an open teammate. Otherwise, Harden needs to be willing to play off the ball (come off screens) or work more in the post to not allow this defense to be played.

Vivi, malakas, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

L is on Harden, Gordon, and MDA. That is all.

Well.... and 10 missed FTs didnt help.

linvetb6 and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

I donno, you guys do know that we've been really REALLY good the past few years right. If you dont have a good replacement in mind chill, its one game. Lets see if he'll learn from this.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The problem is when his small ball does work, he never make the change! He looks like waiting miracle happens.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

The problem with that is the floater isnt an efficient shot for Harden, teams want him to take that shot.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sometimes being big matters. PJ is the Rockets best defender but he is 6'5! Ryno has shown some competency in the post. I just really wanted MDA to try something else. send a double, anything.

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

LOL wtf are you talking about ahahahhahahahahhaahahhaahahaaahaahahahha

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the bright side......WOW, I absolutely love the energy Russ brings to our game!! 15 rebounds 7 assists 3 steals and a block is huge with James' 7 rebounds and 13 assists.

Sure, I am disappointed about the stupid small ball lineup against giants, dumb offensive fouls, and blowing our lead. The thing is, what I saw tonight from the whole team in the first half, and from Russ in the 4th quarter was some exciting basketball. I think it's just going to keep getting better and better. Now that makes me happy. Go Rockets!!!!!

Remlap and RichieBanks like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't see anything wrong with this. its true. when he does take those side step 3s, hes doing exactly what the defense wants him to. he may hit some from time to time but obviously teams are living with the %'s

Remlap and malakas like this.
  10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Actually, he's quite efficient at it.

11. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Need more shooters on the team. This offense cant sustain this many cold hands, it sucks because 75% of our offense is hitting 3's & we just dont have enough reliable shooters. We just watch a bunch of mediocre shooters put up a **** ton of 3's & that's most of our offense right there.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Not enough for an effective offense.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Eric Gordon should not play SF -- like ever. You have House, McLemore, Sefalosha, and Tucker.

Going small with EG at the 3 destroys our own defense and we're screwed if he's not hitting shots. Just a dumb small-ball addiction by MDA

linvetb6, deb4rockets, amaru and 2 others like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

Soon as Gordon continued to suck, MDA should've pulled him. Posters in this thread saw he was gonna suck for like 5-10 minutes before. Gordon is either on or off, there is no between. When he's blowing layups at the rim crying to refs and bricking wide open 3 after wide open 3, you know what to expect from him.

Soon as Lopez iso'd and hit a floater over PJ, MDA should've called a timeout and went bigger.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Weve lead the league or have been second for the past 3 years now(offensive efficiency wise), chill.

16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

If you can support that, then maybe you'd have a point. Just saying it doesn't make it true.

17. malakas

malakas Member

yes of course it would have been better, but you know what would have been even better? Putting one actual defensive Center like Capela or Chandler.

DreamShook likes this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Last season, the first game we played the Bucks, we also had big lead and then lost it.

This game is exactly like that game. MDA never learn something from those bad losses, just making same mistake again and again.

Zergling and amaru like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont have the numbers with me but Im telling you teams want him to shoot that. They'll take that all day over a layup, three pointer of free throw by Harden. Look what happend tonight, we didnt lose cause Harden didnt hit floaters, it was more than that. Whens the last time the dude HAD 16.

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

**** everyone

Vivi, J.R. and bro2044 like this.