1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans at Staples

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 3, 2017.

1. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Yooo, I was there too! 2nd to last row of the building haha (tickets aint cheappp). Freakin satisfying game that I was glad I went to. On top of it all, for both our stars to do well, get the W convincingly, and seeing lonzo struggle live. Double win. Leaving the game I heard a Lakers fan yell out "mannn when James Harden starts doing this (motions between the leg dribble moves), no one knows what the F*** he's going to do!" I just laughed cuz he was definitely right tonight. Dangit, wish I could learn how to post pics here haha.

Some observations:
    -I heard a fair amount of cheers for the Rockets all the way up in the nosebleeds. Was wondering if that was any of you or just me :/
    -Eric freakin' Gordon is soooo quick. I guess seeing it in highlights and experiencing it live. Man, that guys has insane first step and the lakers crowd were hollering "oooo" when they saw it too. dude's dribble moves mannn, he comes into games like he just downed a bunch of double shots of espresso or something.
    -People legit feared James Harden whenever he came into the game and shot the ball. I went with some friends who grew up as Laker fans and everyone knew what was up when Harden checked back into the game. And hearing them groan when cp3 had his moments was also pretty fun. My friend asked "Man ... must be nice to have cp3 coming in for harden at the pg" and "so ... How does it feel have a great team?" while dismally watching Lonzo & co. struggle so hard.
    -Capella really was bothered by Lopez all night or their rotations were always strong on the drop passes to him in the paint. Was tough to watch at moments but glad we eventually figured it out.
    -Our team looked really good on defense for some spurts. So many switches and the defensive flexibility were nice to appreciate in person.
    -I heard a fan frantically shout "where's Kobe?!?" after the lakers lost the lead lol

#21 HewbieTrippin, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    K mf G, Drogba, Nook and 4 others like this.
  2. rockpileindisma

In a ll fairness. @swyyyguy is a Dallas guy and bags on harden's skills and playoff appearances. But I have seen you take a lot of shots at harden's personal life and his taste in women.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

LOL!! @tinman getting exposed again!

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Well, Harden did suck in that series. Do you think Harden played well in game 1? Are you thankful for Josh Smith?

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You clearly don’t remember the series but rather just one quarter of one game in which he coach left him out.

He balled that series

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

All the harden hate aside...Dwight, Corey, ariza, smoove and **** I guess even a lil tjones should hold a special place in Htown history for that come back. It was kind of ruined by GS being such a damn monster but I don't think you have to win it all to make history. That was just plain fun. Also the Dwight/smoove dunk show all over your mavs was the **** as well. The Brewer jokes (sewer @Snow Villiers) are funny, but I low key love that guy for just that game alone. Hope he gets the **** out of LA and joins a better squad...just not the rockets

Edit: how could I forget the JET?!

#26 Pen15clubber, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Harden lost the MVP and responded by getting COOKED by Austin Rivers in game 1. Did that frustrate you or were you cool with it?

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

It's funny how many people hate me for making that Harden thread but if you read the thread, they would see so many people agreeing with me, lol.

People just don't want to acknowledge the truth that Harden has a reputation for shrinking in the playoffs. Believe me, I HOPE he proves me wrong this year.

Even though I'm a non-homer fan and I can acknowledge Harden tends to play poorly in the playoffs, the fact of the matter is I came to LA to root for the Rockets and to root for Harden. Haters gonna hate!

Go Rockets!! :cool:

ashleyem and MVP4THREE like this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

From what I remember harden was god awful that game. He was getting frustrated and at one point even started shoving Blake. He needed to sit, it was getting embarrassing. After he got taken out he looked so defeated, but when we started the come back he was into it and at the end of the game you could see him nod and shake it off. From what I remember he balled the next game and we were in control, then he balled out in our losses in Oakland.

I have no excuse for that bs he pulled in game 6 against the Spurs. But the clippers series was not anything like that. He just sucked that game. He was trying and was just frustrated. So glad our season didn't end there, and his teammates were able to lift him up. But ya just saying whatever happened that game against the Spurs wasn't like anything id seen from harden before.

BigMaloe, swyyyguy and MVP4THREE like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im a big believer in the fact that every W has intrinsic value. I appreciate moments for what they are and that game 6 comeback was the best moment that ive ever experienced as a houston sports fan aside from that game 5 vs dodgers in the world series.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If fans can't enjoy something unless you win it all then that's on them. The "if you ain't first you are last" mentality is cool I guess but I've never bought into it. The road to a title is just as fun as winning it. And makes it all more rewarding. Just ask those who jumped on the Astros bandwagon after the Red Sox series compared to those who have been following the Astros through a decade of bleh

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

people always ******** on Harden but what the hell can he do when everybody's defense is zoned on him? That's why we got CP3 now so that'll alleviate some of that defense away from him and make the team more multi dimensional. dude tried his best and did what he can and still won series for us despite not shooting well

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

indeed. people always saying championship or bust, well reality is it's tough as **** to win the championship and just appreciating the effort and struggles to try to get there. it's not like harden quit and said **** it and not care anymore. every year he brought something else new into his game or worked on his weakness and got stronger. We might be a piece away from really contending for the championship but if we peak during the playoffs, we have a chance, or an injury away from GSW to win it all.

Killatron 2000 and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Not to get too deep up in dis bish but I agree because I think sports is more about the journey than the destination.

I enjoy all the great houston sports moments :D

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if MVP runner-up Harden replaced Kyrie in 2016 Cavs would have swept GSW in the finals

if MVP runner-up Harden replaced Curry in 2015 and Durant in 2017 they'd still have 2 rings

yeah blame Harden that the great Championship bound Rockets haven't won a ring yet

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

we don't know if any of that is true. what we do know is that harden shrinks in the playoffs. hopefully that will change this year and i think it will now that we have cp3. let's go rockets.

18. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

swyyyguy and MVP4THREE like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A corporate suite owner contributes more dollars to the team that has to pay the players. I'd say yes, it does make them better fans because they put their money where there mouth is. I'd say Tillman is the Rockets #1 fan.