1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CLUTCHFANS ... Are we too Media Conscious?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 16, 2019.

?

Are we too Media Conscious?

1. YES! F*nk those Ignorant B@stards! They are worse than Weathermen

29 vote(s)
    49.2%
  2. NO! We cannot let them get away with this!!

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. NO! They are manipulating the public to hate our Rockets and Influence Refs in the Playoffs!!

17 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Maybe! but . .that's like. . ..their opinion - sincerely The Dude . . and He Abides

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I only care about the gawd Max Kellerman

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wouldn’t know about 80% of what these media clowns were saying if it wasn’t constantly being posted on CF. With that said, they can not be allowed to get away with their alternative facts and straight up ignorance. All their stupid points can be obliterated so easily, but it never gets done, and then countless casual fans continue to get influenced by these idiots and come to believe/constantly regurgitate their nonsense. It’s a never ending cycle of dumbassery that really needs to be checked.

If u think Harden plays no D and is inefficient you’re an idiot.

If u think Mike’s system is the main reason Harden is putting up these numbers, you’re an idiot.

If u think Harden choked because he couldn’t beat 4 all stars by himself last year, you’re an idiot.

If u think Russ deserved the MVP over Harden in 2017, you’re an idiot.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Funny thing is you could make a pretty damn long highlight reel of just Harden jaw dropping passes that very few people in the league could pull off.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Media iscconspiring to influence the public and refs.

No Doubt

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yes we are.

That being said I do get annoyed when they say that we will get an early post season exit again. Or that Harden does not have post season success. Or when they hype players like Westbrook (and give him the MVP) and downplay Hardens accomplishment (he had so much help in 2017, look at all the shooters on our team, and Westbrook had to deal with the scrubs, Sabonis, Adams, Oladipo). The media cost Harden at least one but possibly 2 MVP awards. Or the constant narrative that Harden does not play defense, every time people praise Hardens offense they immediately have to say he does not play defense, and he doesn't have post season success....... ok forget it we are not to sensitive....

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brother you don't know the old adage?

If a tree falls in the forest,
    It didn't happen if Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman aren't screaming about it on TV

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes and no. I mean, we SHOULD NOT care about debate show junk. They "take positions" to create debate. It is what it is. They feed the beast.

Now, NBA writers and journalists that are writing smart articles and editorials? Yeah, I pay attention to those. And they CAN be "influencers" to others that parrot the same position.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

judging by how many people on clutchfans fans respond passionately to these shows, you are telling a bunch of guppies not to swim

the majority are suckers, just like player only fans, social media like loving suckers

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's crazy.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

at the heart of it, people don't really care about basketball
    it's all about attention

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

basketball is must a game, media is life

13. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Just throwing this out there. Maybe the o ly time ive listened to Skip without getting irrationally angry. They do go in on Hardens turnovers but i feel like its just, and they dont hammer him for it..

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is amazing.
    They just LIE and then they LOOK for reasons to not like him

The look at his box score and saying . . . .hhhmmmm . . what can I Pick at and stress why he not great

Rocket River

15. tinman

Supporting Member

The people who love these shows also believe in the wrestling story lines.

I'm glad we're the part of Clutchfans who actually knows what the truth is

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

more like the rest of the media are too Rockets conscious.

Harden lives rent free in all these haters head.

17. Rock Harden

Rock Harden Member

What is your deal?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

watch out for the newb trolls, no need to reply to the insects

19. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Guess its just me who thought this was a somewhat positive discussion about Harden :/ dont get me wrong its not like their crowning him as the heir to Jordan.. but out of all the things theyve said about Harden in the past, i thought this was more on the positive side...

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

1 of my boys showed me this video from another 1 of these dumbass media members today, and wow, these fools should really be banned from talking basketball

Colin Cowherd’s clueless ass came out and said that Harden is a ballhog because he scored 50+ points in 2 straight games and didn’t have a single assist...he said Harden is basically not passing...he did a whole segment on this dumb sh*t

the reality is that Harden hasn’t been assisted on any of his points these past 2 games...just watching the games or even looking at a boxscore would tell u that Harden didn’t have zero assists in the last 2 games...these chumps don’t watch or pay attention, but talk like they’re knowledgeable