1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2012 NBA Draft Thread (6/28/2012)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Marcus Morris is going to burn your ass out

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Philly insider says that they offerred

Iggy / Thad / 2nd rounder

for

Smith / MWilliams

1 person likes this.
  3. RocketsFan94

RocketsFan94 Member

Are we trying to get a Star or a highly touted Rookie?

I am so confused. Are we trying to get people like Josh Smith and Rudy Gay or are we trying to trade up to actually use the pick and pick Drummond? I am so confused

4. Egghead

Egghead Member

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Kings will not entertain trading 5th pick until they see who is available, sources tell Y! Word is Sacramento loves Kansas' Thomas Robinson.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Sometime none, sometimes 3.

Again, I'm just considering this as a fall back position if Morey does not find a trading partner that will give him a deal he wants. Given that he made the questionable Dalembert deal, I'm guessing when the clock nears 0 on somebody (or even after they picked) a deal will be struck.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's a shame because I love him too. Looks like a double-double machine.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, they seem to trust that guy over there. Philly obviously wants to address its need for a 4. Gasol and Jefferson are other names batted around.

8. thino

thino Contributing Member

getting whatever we can get. this is our year. count on it!

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is how I like to get prepared for big days:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cqANDwbwUOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

just depends. flexibility is good because it provides options.

11. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

We will find out tonight

12. Jamers

Jamers Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kings will not entertain trading 5th pick until they see who is available, sources tell Y! Word is Sacramento loves Kansas' Thomas Robinson.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/218362627473149953" data-datetime="2012-06-28T15:18:02+00:00">June 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

That is the point.

Do not trust ANYTHING that you read this time of year. Anything put out to the media is likely a smokescreen.

Morey, never, and I mean never, tips his hand. Pipe dreams, he tips his hand a bit, because it's such a remote possibility that it has an inherent smoke screen factor to it.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

They were talking about it today on NBA TV. They were saying that most of the things you read about and hear about is mostly smokescreen because the media frenzy this time of year.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

I wonder if we can get the Bobcats' pick and Kemba for Lowry, 12, 16, 18 and 44?

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hopefully we are trying to a) get Howard and win now and if that doesn't work b) get and USE a higher draft pick and (finally) start the rebuilding process.

It's the in-between option that scares me.

17. vince

vince Member

The Rockets do have room for 3 st round picks and D-Montaijunas... Though I'd expect some of those picks to be stashed in Europe for development.

I can't see them going with such a young team. But, they aren't against the wall to release anyone with perceived importance.

I think Morey is maximizing his teams value. Regardless if it is to use them as trade bait.

18. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Thank goodness by boss isnt here today i dont think i could have handled not looking at this 24/7 till i leave.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Sacramento doesn't get their guy---Thomas Robinson? or was this a smokescreen?---then we likely have a deal lined up with them that can't be consummated (if the Kings' choice is available at 5; and to avoid TrailBlazer c***blocking us again) until the draft.

(No link, just worthless opinion. I have more than 7,000 posts of them.)

Unless we so desperately want to take on 6'7" PF overpaid Tyrus Thomas in order to get our hands on a high draft pick; but that's a mistake the Bobcats have to live with, I'm afraid.

20. JD88

JD88 Member

In this draft, I see a few potential stars.

You must remember, a lot of guys who should have come out last year didnt because of the lockout, thus, making this draft very deep.

Possibly lead the league in scoring 5 years from now:
    Beal
    Barnes
    Lamb

Player to build a franchise around:
    Davis
    Beal
    Lamb
    Drummond
    Robinson
    MKG (although I consider him a do it all guy, kind of like a Rondo type player. He will have many double doubles, and potentially many triple doubles, but he will never come close to leading the league in ppg)

Potential All-Stars:
    Davis
    Beal
    Robinson
    Drummond
    Lamb
    Barnes
    PJ3
    Marshall
    MKG