1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2012 NBA Draft Thread (6/28/2012)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seriously - but unfortunately not surprising, it has been the history of this org under the current leadership.

Lots of hot air, and no balloon to hold it all in.

DD

2. Possum

Possum Member

Hibbert sounds good to me. We could offer a very good sign and trade package.

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

SEC SEC SEC

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Does anyone know if the rookies will be announced tomorrow? If not, when?

5. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

All things considering.. I'm actually pretty happy with all 3 of our picks. This draft was definitely deep imo. The only problem now is us having a billion power fowards.

I actually don't want to see any of our draft picks go, if ppat, greg smith, scola, and marcus morris don't end up on our roster I won't mind it at all.

6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Morey can only make offers to other teams, if they don't accept the offer it's not Morey's fault. I'm sure if he wanted to pay to much for players or picks we may have been able to move up.
    I'm happy with the way things are so we don't get tied up in bad contracts like we used to. I think Morey is managing the money well and getting good value in players. It only makes sense that in the long run it will work out for the best.

7. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Just ignore that guy, he's a highly sophisticated troll.

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Me a troll :) Maybe your the troll, I have been here way longer than you.

9. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yeah, I believe so. I remember the announcement was taken place the next day after NBA draft last year.

10. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Please stop posting. You're hurting my eyes with your junk.

11. macho87

macho87 Member

That's exactly what javale said to parsons.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Does anyone think we will actually have 4 rookies on the roster this season?

13. arubato

arubato Member

He's talking about DD.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well we kept hearing that the rockets did not want three rookies on their team with the young guys they already have. So.....

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

#2535 Dubious, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think that the Rockets did the best we could last night. The big trade didn't happen, but that's not in our control. What we didn;t do was panic. We took advantage of our excellent draft position, and picked up 3 very talented players. In fact, the guys we got last night probabaly constitute the bulk of the talent on our team (i said talent, not skill). We are rebuilding, and we need talent.

for those who are wondering about the next potential deal, i'd say that we set ourselves up nicely last night by getting TALENT. I personally hope we keep all 3 picks and ship off guys like Scola and Morris. Also interesting is that we still retained our best trade assets in Martin and Lowry.

So we are indeed headed in the right direction. It's not a finished product, but we have finally started the rebuilding process. Only regret was that we couldn't grab Leonard or henson, but that's just the way the draft played out.

Thanks Morey for all your hard work. Looking forward to the next move. All 3 of last night's draft picks were on my top 15 players list.

2 people like this.
  17. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

repped for saneness.

18. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I have a feeling both Martin and Lowry will be traded soon, anyways...

... but where-to and for-what, I can't imagine.

I think Scola's a goner, too. Somehow, I think Morris stays, unless he's a throw-in in some big deal...

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Today is going to be a LOOOOONG day.. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523smh">#smh</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Patterson (@pdpatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/pdpatt/status/218692740391776258" data-datetime="2012-06-29T13:09:47+00:00">June 29, 2012</a></blockquote> <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't too surprised with no trades going down and I certainly wasn't expecting a blockbuster trade.

As for the picks themselves...eh, i'm not necessarily opposed to any of them although I was a little surprised they didn't try for one of the UNC front court guys.