1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch Performers of the 2011 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ommy48, Apr 22, 2011.

1. ommy48

ommy48 Member

I want to keep a running tally of the best clutch performers of the the 2011 Playoffs as it unfolds in the coming weeks. Feel free to post "clutch" stats for the star players as the playoffs proceed. Here are some stats for Derrick Rose through 3 games:

rose in the last 5-ish minutes of the game, this series, his stats are (on a per 36 basis):

56.58 ppg/36
    4.72 apg/36
    7.07 rpg/36

64.06 PER
    48.57 game score
    151.91 offensive rating
    54.55% fg%
    73.71% ts%
    100% ft% on 28.8 ft/36

This kid as a PG is rapidly cementing his place as an elite (top5) closer in the league. When the pressure is the greatest he seems to kick it into a different gear, regardless of how bad or good of a game he has played in the first 3 quarters. In the regular season he was tops in the NBA in leading his team back from behind in the 4th quarter with about 16-18 comebacks over 82 games.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

according to 82games

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

clutch-wise in scoring points, rose was #2 to kobe. weird that lebron is #4 despite the failed attempts he had in the 4 games during a week stretch.

bryant and rose both shot around 40%.

but yes, rose has been damn clutch in the first 3 games. but like i implored all year, i wish he can find a way to stop having these atrocious shooting games.

so far through 3 playoff games, he's shooting 37%, but averaging 32 points. that means he's taking A TON of shots (including ft attempts). hopefully he will get better. he's a fun player to watch.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There was a graphic on yesterday's game saying Dirk I think was averaging 26/11 for his career post season play. Sharing company with Dream and big O. Not clutch exactly but damn good.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to stop shooting so many threes. I hate it when superstars develop that part of their game and suddenly start taking a lot of shots from there.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Truly amazing by Rose! When he puts the ball up late in games, I always feel like it's going in. But let's see what happens against Orlando in the 2nd round.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Let me tell you:

Same thing. He is going to eat up Orlando.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Orlando may not even make the next round they are having trouble with the Hawks.

the kid is going to eat up any team he faces in the second round (assuming the bulls move on which it looks like they will) so it doesnt really matter

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

If the Bulls play like they have in the 1st round so far they aren't eating up any team in the 2nd round.

9. t_mac1

he's shooting 37%. he isn't eating anybody up. outside of the clutch plays, rose has been pretty mediocre through the first 3 quarters. he is jacking up a ton of shots for a PG.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

His TS% is higher than it was during the season.

11. t_mac1

this is where TS% is misused. he is getting to the line alot and making all of his fts, which helped out his TS%.

but if you watch the game, his poor shooting really hurts the bulls offense, since he takes most of their shots.