1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch City Super Bowl Predictions

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Cat, Jan 14, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Let's see who can be crowned the football god of CC.net. Give a winner, score, and some analysis if you want. Let's keep this going so we can get as many replies as possible before gameday.

Personally, I'm going with the underdog here. Both defenses are great. Obviously the Ravens will get more credit, but the Giants shut down arguably the top offense in the NFL. I think it will be a low scoring game (what a walk out on a limb there), and it will come down to which OFFENSE can make the big play. And personally, I like the Giants offense big play capability over that of the Ravens. Also remember the GREAT part of the Ravens defense is the front 7- the secondary is good but not great. If there is an area to exploit, it's the secondary and the Giants have a much better vertical passing game than the Titans or Raiders did.

Giants 13
    Ravens 6

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Ravens 27, Giants 13.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Personally, I'm calling it...

Ravens 24
    Giants 13

I'm rooting for the Giants, but I think Trent Dilfer is good enough to hit for some air strikes down field. He throws a much better ball than Collins when it's on target. Shannon Sharpe is a great weapon to have. I think the Ravens have the better offense with Lewis, sharpe and Ismail. It should be enough to win, but if Dilfer makes the errant throws, kiss that voctory bye bye. Don't forget the Ravens have a good return game as well. It should be a factor.

Giants were impressive, but I'm just not a believer. I remember the Titans punishing them early in the season. The Ravens should do the same....but I hope the Giants can shove their talk up their ....

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Ravens 13
    Giants 7

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

5. beauford

beauford Member

Giants 14 Ravens 3. Go Texans!

------------------

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Do not, repeat, do not count out the Raven's defense.

If you are a statistic head, consider this one...

The 1985 Chicago Bears defense, thought by most analysts to be the best in NFL history, gave up a total of 187 points during their 16 game championship season. They won the 1986 Super Bowl over the New England Patriots.

The 2000 Baltimore Ravens have given up a total of 181 points...in 19 games.

The crew at ESPN (Tom Jackson, Chris Berman, & company) is already calling the Ravens defense the best in NFL history. They are also calling Ray Lewis the best middle linebacker in NFL history. Take the hype for what it's worth, but one thing is certain: this is an awesome defense.

If they can do to the Giants offense what they did to the Titans & Raiders, they will definitely win the Super Bowl.

My prediction is Ravens 20. Giants 13.

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

[This message has been edited by RocketMan Tex (edited January 15, 2001).]

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Giants 17
    Ravens 13

------------------

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Ravens 24
    Giants 17

------------------

9. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Ravins 10 Giants 3.

this super bowl is going to suck! The only touchdown will be scored by the defense or special teams. The over/under line to this game will be what? 25? [​IMG]

------------------

10. jamma34

jamma34 Member

i refuse to make a prediction. this super bowl will SUCK. titans, vikings, bucs, rams, hell the saints... all these good teams and we end up with the ravens????? and giants???????? last year was the best super bowl, this will be the worst. not looking forward to watching this one at all.

------------------
    people who are related dont have to look alike. my mom and dad dont resemble each other at all

11. Band Geek Mobster

Ravens 16
    Giants 6

------------------
    Never judge a man unless you walk a mile in his shoes, that way when you do judge him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Gaints 20
    Ravens 10

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

13. Francis3

Francis3 Member

HAHA GIANTS HAVE NO CHANCE

Ravens 17
    Giants 6

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

14. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

GIANTS 24
    RAVENS 13

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a...
    ok..I won't say it....yet!

[​IMG]

------------------

15. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Giants 2, Ravens 0

It will be a defensive struggle [​IMG]

------------------

16. Scarsdale

Scarsdale Member

Giants 10
    Ravens 9

This will be the worst Superbowl ever.

------------------

17. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Giants 27
    Ravens 16

The Ravens have allowed the fewest points in a season. But the previous record holder didn't win the Super Bowl and neither did the #3 team. And frankly, the Ravens offense is crap, they might get a couple field goals and a return, but they won't be able to sustain drives.

------------------

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

RAVENS 16
    Giants 3

Giants offense has been spoiled the last 2 weeks, against Philly and Minny, who dont have great defenses. Plus...come on, they play the Cowboys twice a year! [​IMG] No wonder they got that home field advantage. This Ravens D will shut them down completely. Billick is one confident coach...he gave the team a practice schedule in September leading up to the SB. The Giants have a pretty good D, but Baltimore will pound the ball and tire them out. I expect it might be 3-0, or even 0-0 at the half. RAVENS will win it though.

------------------
    "Steve is good. Steve is real good."

-- Cleveland's rookie point guard Andre Miller on Rocket rookie point Steve Francis

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Gotta go with the Ravens. Go Cleveland... err.. Baltimore!

Ravens - 14
    Giants - 3

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

All of you guys who think this Super Bowl is going to suck, well...you are entitled to your own opinions, but I disagree.

This Super Bowl will be football as it was meant to be played. The operative word is smashmouth. Defense wins championships in the NFL, last year not withstanding. Just like in the NBA. Remember the 1995 Rockets defense?

Personally, I would much rather see a tough defense ripping a Quarterback's head off than Jerry Rice scoring 3 TDs in the first 5 minutes and a halftime score of 35-3.

This Super Bowl will be exciting because it will be a chess match rather than a rout. The winner will win by no more than a TD, and I'd venture to bet that it will be decided by a last minute drive or field goal.

It will be a throwback to the greatest game ever played, the 1958 NFL championship game with the Baltimore Colts vs. the NY Giants.

It will be an exciting game because there will be blood & broken bones all over the field. It will be football played as the game was meant to be played. It will be a refreshing change, just like last year's game. They'd better bring extra ambulances. Down to the wire, but a game dictated by defense rather than offense.

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

[This message has been edited by RocketMan Tex (edited January 15, 2001).]