1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers sign Mo Speights

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 8, 2016.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Maurice Speights has proven health and is a major contributor... And is better than Ryan Anderson. He's a proven champion that has drained threes like they were layups.

Speights > Anderson.... I think if you consider all the factors it's kind of wrong that Anderson is making $20million over Speights.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Oh really? I've never seen David West attempt and make 3s at rapid succession...

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why not offer the much healthier proven champion 6'10" Speights that can drain those 3s for that 4yr $80million? It's because he has wart on his head? If you can get any of the Warriors, especially the ones that can shoot lights out, you do it. Speights is better than Ryan Anderson without a doubt. Even if he had to start.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow minimum deal where is Morey why didn't he jump on this? Offer him 2.9M for 3 years that's gotta be better than minimum, right?

SPeights would be the perfect center for MDA offense wish we could've grabbed him this deal is the definition of value.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah ok, except for 1 year Speights hasn't broken 20 mins how do you know he's better than Anderson? He has a career 7 pts and 15 mins per game you pay that guy 20M over Anderson? I just wrote a post talking about how awesome he is but let the dude play starter minutes first before you talk about how he's better than Anderon wtf.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Speights is a below replacement level scrub......I cheered anytime he came into a game (as someone who hates the warriors), he's as damaging a defender as the league has

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Umm... Defensively yes, but you must be out of your ******* mind if you think Speights is better than Anderson offensively.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If Mo Speights played every game at Toyota Center he would be MVP. Does he miss here?

9. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Why couldn't he even land a $5m contract from any team when money is flowing out like crazy? I can't believe he was not worth more than the min. Every other center and backup has gotten paid more.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

There's a reason why GSW didn't even offer him the minimum. But I do agree that he's a bargain at this price.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Mo Speights is straight up trash for a big. His jumper was a result of spacing and having two elite level perimeter shooters. In LA, he will prove his worth as dead weight on a team filled with chokers. Yet another Doc Rivers special. SMH...

12. arjun

arjun Member

His jumper is pretty money though. But I do agree, the rest of his game leaves alot to be desired. He can add a spark for a few games thoughout a season. Not bad for end of the bench/injury help.