1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. bongman

bongman Member

I am excited for this kid whether it would be with the Rockets or not. I am sure other GM's are seeing this too and having the same reaction like us. His trade value has increased and his salary is trade friendly. Which only means, he can be an important trade piece in landing another high quality player.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Call this kid up today. Let's get him ready for the postseason, he can't be worse than Dorsey.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not sure there are many cases of someone going from being bewildered and confused in NBA games against backup players to contributing meaningful minutes in a playoff run during the same season. But hey, what do I know... maybe this kid'll be an exception. :grin:

4. NateNate

NateNate Member

One thing I love that I just picked up on, is when he does block a shot he's not leaping off his feet very far and getting off balance on his way back to the floor. This allows him to recover very well and be in position for another block attempt or return to a solid defensive stand. Too many times a layer will fake pump the back man to get him off his find and either draw a foul or have a good look at the basket. Capelas legnth allows him to block shots while actually on the ground or slight off the ground. LOVE that.

5. NateNate

NateNate Member

Sorry fixed

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He is like Deke in this regard. Deke could block shots without jumping. Granted Deke was 3 inches taller.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

The kid looked like a deer in the headlights moreso than incompetent when with the Rockets. With the Vipes he's just playing ball, the nervousness should go away the more reps he gets. Again, he just couldn't be more one dimensional and offensively inept than Dorsey.

8. NateNate

NateNate Member

VERY good point

9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

unfortunately he is worse than dorsey

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm sure u were one of the same guys who thought the same about Whiteside when we had him. Capela is much more talented than Dorsey right now, forget upside.

11. indo

indo Member

12. bmd

bmd Member

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is more talented, but he lacks confidence. Partly because of lack of experience and size. He will need a very solid off-season, and another stint in the D-League next season, before he is ready for the NBA IMO.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Nope not just you.

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Have you seen the guy's form on his 15 footer? He rips the net with it. Plus he's got some of the best hands for a big man in traffic i've seen in a Rocket uniform since Tjones.

17. brooksstephens

Blows my mind that anyone who saw him play a single minute for the Rockets this year could think that this guy can help out this year. He's a couple of years away, guys.

18. hakeemthagreat

I wanna see the kid prosper. But every NBA games he's played in he's look beyond terrible. Most likely nerves. But I'd like him to get one more chance if Morey stubbornly decides not to address our backup center position before the playoffs

19. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I agree...he's like the guy toronto drafted...he's two years away from being two years away

20. bmd

bmd Member

He was clearly nervous. He was making uncharacteristic mistakes. If you've seen him play in the d-league, there was a clear difference in confidence there compared to his few minutes in the NBA.

Remember, he didn't even play a preseason game in a Rockets uniform because he was injured.

Even some preseason minutes next year will be extremely helpful.

1 person likes this.