1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy had top 10 talent but fell because people thought he was a stash guy. Too early for comparisons. Don't think he'll see the floor for the Rockets for another two years. People will get antsy and claim he's a bust, but he'll be a major piece. Calling it now.

2. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

IDK about quicker but he needs to like a good 35 lbs of muscle at least. I got the chance to see him play here in Boise today and the guy is a natural rebounder but his motor is questionable at best. One thing I notice is that while the whole team was dunking and doing layups before the game he was taking jumpers from all over the course, even three pointers .. Oh yeah he was making them too.

3. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3 and D center baby!

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're saying N'Dong is longer?

Obviously the competition level is lower, but I think Capela's big man game will translate well, unlike, say, small speedy PGs.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Best post of the thread. He doesn't have a good motor either, which is a very big concern. Right now, he doesn't have any trade value. He hasn't shown anything at the NBA level apart from shot blocking ability. He lacks confidence to play at the highest level.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Larry Nance

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dude's beasting. Looks like a man among boys. You can still see a lot of rawness though. 2 years with the dream, and we could be looking at some iteration of ?Serge Ibaka.

Now we just find a way to convince KD to come ...and we can be OKC south ;)

8. Misigns

Misigns Member

[youtube]JViqXXWHeWQ[/youtube]

[youtube]aT_rAhGrHa8[/youtube]

Highlights from the two games against Idaho.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

For me personally, what I think was the most impressive thing, was when the guy tried to drive on Capela from the perimeter and Capela just shut him out. The lateral mobility of a C is something that is never talked about, yet is extremely important.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember him coming out of Dominguez averaging near a triple-double. He dominated because he was so tall and had a non-stop motor when it came to lobs. He was a beanpole, though, and some people thought Eddy Curry would be the better big man in that draft because he had already had an NBA-ready body. From watching Capella play so far, he doesn't seem to be as aggressive as Chandler was - nowhere near it. Chandler wanted to ram the ball down your throat on every possession.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tyson Chandler gets a lot of hype for being a 10-10 center with no discernible skills outside of catching lobs and playing a little defense.

Clint should be shooting to me much, much better than a guy that maxed his potential when he was 17 years old.

12. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Wow, the ceiling on this guy... If Harden is Super Saiyan, he's Picollo!

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

He seems as if he's starting to develop an offensive game. The highlights earlier in the season were all dunks so I like to see some hooks and jumpers

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

True. You can't teach effort and attitude. But Capela appears to have some natural ability and while he does not have the aggression of Tyson Chandler he can still be a very useful part of a championship team. Other than sheer mass, Capela is better rim protector and scorer than Dorsey can dream of being.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not seeing this, but I'd be stoked if he became Larry Nanceesque.

16. j@amc

j@amc Member

Capela is a big time talent. He's only 20, so yes, his conditioning is limited. But wow, does he impact the game. He makes it all look too easy - the finishes and blocks over pros - and his instincts are super. He's even improving at the line.

Stay healthy and keep growing Capela; the future is yours.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kocq5MAZoAo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Does it really matter how long N'Dong is???

so childish ;)

19. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

This b*stard has some long arms! I love how far from the rim his dunks are and the quickness to get up.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

this dude is gonna be our deandre jordan.