1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clemens moves to #2 on the all-time strikeout list

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by sonique15, May 5, 2004.

?

Who's the best pitcher of all time?

1. Cy Young

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Nolan Ryan

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Roger Clemens

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Randy Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sandy Koufax

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The funny thing about Ryan's high number of walks is that that stat intimidated opposing players as well. Would you want to be standing in a batter's box, facing a guy throwing 100 mph who is known as a wild pitcher? You're scared every time that one is going to be coming straight at the melon.

2. Elienator

Elienator Member

I think something that's gotten lost in all the stats, is if you had a baseball team and could pick one of these guys to be on your team for their career which would you pick? Since we know have a 5 man rotation, etc, and I've never seen even television footage of Cy Young, I can't say how he stacks up. But of the rest, I would easily want Clemens. If I just had to one game to have someone pitch, I might take Koufax of those listed, but his career was so much shorter.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's what dreams are made of.

Thank you Roger.

Spring Woods class of 89.