1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classic Moments (complaint)

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by 3814, Oct 3, 2005.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i, for the most part, enjoy the classic moments - but hasn't the "calling out" of everybody who ever said anything bad about the mcgrady trade getting kinda old? i mean, he hasn't even led the team to the 2nd round yet - obviously it is hopeful that this rockets squad can lead us forward - but why call out everybody who didn't like the deal in the first place and call it a "classic moment."

the "call out" classics aren't even classics IMO, they are simply trying to point fingers and say "ha-ha" nelson style to anybody who didn't support the deal. besides, if this team makes it all the way, it will be because of yao's development and the new additions just as much as it will be because of mcgrady - so how about go through the "classic moments" and stick to things that truly were classic.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

The classic moments, IMO, are more about people sticking their foot in their mouth when being wrong, than being just plain wrong in hindsight.

3. codell

here is an example:

"Firing Rudy T and hiring JVG will go down as the absolute biggest Rocket mistake of all time."
    - Old Man Rock, 10/28/2004

Now, IMO, if he had just said, "I think firing Rudy and replacing him with JVG is a mistake" he would have been ok and his quote would not have been memorable. The way in which he sensationalized his opinion is what made it a "classic".

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Where are the non-Rockets related classic moments?

Between "ride ride" and YoYao, there are enough for a few month's worth...

5. codell

There are already several YoYao and LHutz classic moments in the rotation I believe.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

"Get RIDDY RUDDY"

is one I see often.

THere is also the choice RoyDelton comment..."At least I screw sheeps" :D that appears fairly often.

I agree....the comments arent just for the tmac doubters...there just happen to be alot of the stupider comments from around that time.

I think the classic moments are great....let it be known, you say something truely stupid...it will most likely endup being there for all of us to laugh at for all time.

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Heck, the first classic moment ever was something that Clutch himself wrote...

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Lets hope this doesnt become a classic quote

9. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Classic moments are classic. I like them.

I think they show us all that for the most part, we don't really know what the hell we are talking about even though we think we are basketball experts.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree that there are more TMac (and maybe JVG) quotes in the classic moments than any other subject. I don't know if it's because they are the freshest in the admin's memory or if more people said stupid things during that time.

I would like to have more variety of classic moments. Maybe someone should start a thread here to solicit nominations for these classic posts.

Well, probably too late now since the excitement for the new season is heightening. Should've done that during the boring offseason months. :)

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm assuming one of your quotes about McGrady got called out and you're ticked.

12. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Amen to that.

13. msn

msn Member

I have enjoyed these immensely.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Leave the classic moments as is and don’t take them to seriously, they are funny!

I think we have a majority here

15. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

nope. i don't post a whole lot in the GARM - don't think i have any "classic moments" listed. i just find it "trendy" to make fun of those who were negative towards the t-mac trade - even though the rockets haven't proven success beyond what they achieved before the trade.

yeh, they are a better team overall, but it's not just because of the mcgrady deal - stro coming here will help a lot. yao has improved. jvg is running the show...etc.

i really do enjoy the whole concept of the "classic moment"...it's just that there needs to be a better balance of truly classic moments compared with quotes of people saying stupid stuff and getting called on it months later.

16. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

I like the Classic moments, great idea. :D

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The funny thing is we have a member named ruddy.

Link.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I get a kick out of this classic quote every single time I see it.

"[At least Knicks fans] don't go on making an ass out of themselves by making ridiculous claims like 'Yao Ming will make the All-Star team' or will average '13pt, 8 reb' this season."
    - Houstonian-in-NY, 11/7/2002

19. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I still hope to find the infamous MacBeth conception in a Classic Moment...

20. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

sometimes ya just gotta stay humble, stay hungry

-Yao Ming