1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CJ STROUD 2023 OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 8, 2024.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think the part I'm most encouraged by is his drive to be great. That seems genuine.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

And he doesn't drink...! That's a huge thing for for a kid in his twenties. Tells me he doesn't give into his peers and that he doesn't want anything to cloud his judgements.

MadMax, HeyBudLetsParty and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

As an Irish American attorney, I've advised CJ to send all of the gifts of bottles he receives to me for inspection and safekeeping. It's really just about the children, donkeypunch.

houstonstime likes this.
  4. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

To add what others have said he's a great leader already as a rookie

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Can I get some legal help in the future if I bring whiskey?

MadMax likes this.
  6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The underrated part of having *that* season - as opposed to more of a "normal" rookie season, with likely more downs than ups; more losses than wins - he gets an immediate taste.

I think, for many of these kids - especially the ones that come from big-time, *winning* college programs - it has to SUCK to not be good in the NFL. Imagine winning consistently since, like, middle school, achieving your dream of playing the NFL, and then having to suddenly deal with being mediocre, as many of the top picks often do. I've always thought that was one of the harder adjustments they have to make. They just haven't faced much adversity on the field, and if you go through prolonged stretches of not having the success you've grown accustom, I imagine that can manifest negatively - bad habits develop, the work overwhelms, the end game starts to feel less attainable...

CJ and Will getting that early taste - I bet that makes taking those next steps easier; working harder, studying more, etc. They know the payoff.