1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CJ McCollum talks Harden's brilliance, the hate, and the Luka Doncic double standard on his Podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, Dec 24, 2019.

1. SemisolidSnake

Honestly, I think everything was said the year the media voted for Curry for his first MVP, and the players voted on their own for Harden. That season he was basically brute-forcing his injury-crippled team along by himself by any means necessary, and that included a lot of drives and foul shots. Since then his game has only gotten more elegant and devastating and less reliant on free throws. His colleagues acknowledged his superb talent back then. The media never will.

RayRay10, Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

how about u do better...bye

HP3 likes this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I hope CJ retires a Rocket.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Luka does not play like Harden - not even close to it from an execution standpoint. That's an insult to Harden. Luka plays in slow motion and his step back is not nearly as sophisticated. He's a great shooter but most of his space is created by his height and not having to master the gather on his step back. Yes his game is similar to Harden from a "strategic" standpoint, but it's not the same from an execution point - nowhere near.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean,,,if the dude's who play against him every night, think they are alike, than I think that's all there is to be said. Obviously he's not as good but thats not the point, know what I mean? And CJ is a person in the NBA who's opinion is particularly valuable imo.

Houstunna, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

I mean Luka said out of his own mouth he studies harden's game and patterns his game after harden.

Just because Luka isn't as skilled or polished as James doesn't mean he doesn't play like him.

He's like those off brand fruit loops and the bottom of the self in the supermarket.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sigh.

You and Durvasa do not need to argue every single little thing. No one said Luka was exactly like Harden, but he patterns his game most closely to Harden's.

Only thing Luka has that I like better is his smoking mom.

HTown_TMac and Houstunna like this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Players usually vote the opposite of the league?

It will likely take a championship for the narrative to shift, but Harden has suffered other negatives since that '15 vote, including those same playoffs. His primary knock is postseason. His teams seem to lose embarrassingly and Harden plays below his standard. So, while his game has improved, his bloopers have increased too.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am just saying Luka's step back isn't anywhere as near to what Harden does. It's not an apt comparison. People don't hate Harden because he has a step back - it's because he pushes the limits and purists hate that.

10. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, that is an unfortunate truth. Even with questionable refereeing, Harden tends to play well below his sky-high season averages in the playoffs. I'm sure it hurts to have no help from your coach during the playoffs as well, and that's got to be mentally frustrating for him. I'm hoping Russ's presence will be a boon for keeping James going in the playoffs unlike in previous years.

In the end, we all know that the only thing that will shut anyone up at this point is winning a ring.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Why don’t you do your own homework

12. Roc Paint

I am the creator

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Shutup

14. Roc Paint

Make me

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I am in between your posts. Merry Christmas

16. Roc Paint

Same to you

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hell Luka even admits he's "trying" to play like Harden. Haha, I think everyone is trying, but there's only one and he plays for the Rockets

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It didn't ever work for hakeem and it's not for harden, it'll only matter on the court/houston/hof. People who aren't casual fans know what they're seeing, but it doesn't fit the media's narrative, it'd take some crazy increase of fans that have a speaking platform.

Hell for example, Jordan even admits Hakeem was a beast, but some media still act clueless on any history of the Rockets. I see the same for Harden, I'm just happy he doesn't give a ****, much like Hakeem, and goes out there on the court and demonstrates that he can do things that it typically takes multiple players (all working on separate stat categories) to even get close to his production, and he even does it on a nightly basis.

The players, coaches, and fans that know bball, all know Harden is one of a kind. The media definitely does too, but much like a politician they have to act on what gets people talking.

BaselineFade, D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Reeko is an extremely racist poster. Constantly posting racist ****. Hopefully the mods step up.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re an idiot...nothing I posted was racist so stfu and get out your feelings