1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CJ McCollum talks Harden's brilliance, the hate, and the Luka Doncic double standard on his Podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

Insteresting listen.

From 4:45 and on.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Luka double standard huh......wow so even NBA players have noted that Luka plays like Harden....interesting.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Someone summarize

eliefor3 and Xerobull like this.
  4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

thanks for posting that. was a great listen. not just what cj had to say about harden, but about his own preparation, incorporating moves in practice and then in-game, and other insights in playing ball. i've seen cj work relentlessly at his craft in person and his high iq really shows as well.

funny how all these high iq nba players (cj, van vleet, dwade, pg, kobe, etc.) all have nothing but praise for harden.. yet you don't hear one peep of praise or recognition of harden's greatness from lebron. lebron takes his nike sidejob way too seriously... and at some point i think he's going to be left on the outside looking in when it comes to player respect as more and more players start siding with harden.

RasaqBoi, B-Bob, PDXPal and 11 others like this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hope more players express a similar sentment, thus making fans/media cease their hating. Harden prob has many friends that are players. If enough of them speak the truth, the haters will be forced to open their minds.. maybe.

#5 Houstunna, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    diehardrockets, jcf, ElDobleK and 3 others like this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

yea but Brian Windhorst constantly says on tv that the majority of players he talked to hates Harden and thinks he's cheating the game! :rolleyes:

Amel, DreamShook, juanm34 and 9 others like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

??? What do you mean siding with Harden lol Harden and Lebron dont have any beef. Lebron doesnt compliment his rivals even his "tip his hat" comment to Giannis was mocking him.

amaru and BeBreezy like this.
  8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

did i ever say beef? i just said lebron refuses to acknowledge greatness when its completely obvious to all of his peers that harden is a once in a generation player. hell, lebron made the whole bright idea to meme how to play defense on harden last season by putting his hands behind his back... do you know how disrespectful that is? as if harden only plays the game to draw fouls. if he had even a decent amount of respect for harden, he wouldn't have done that.

and lebron does compliment his rivals... he just picks and chooses who he wants to compliment (like everything lebron does, it's all predetermined and calculated). but it's getting clear that even with rich paul and his agency working with adam silver, lebron doesn't have the pull that he used to as lakers only get secondhand pickings that no other team wants in free agency. they had to mortgage their next 10 years just to get AD. u see more and more players stepping up to the plate for harden these days... and i'm just saying that as more and more players do that, lebron is gonna be left out of the loop soon enough in terms of player circles.

jcf, Hard_foul, heypartner and 2 others like this.
  9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

and I already know harden doesn't have beef with anybody. he's chill with pretty much everyone in the league. he just has a few really insecure jealous peers, like lebron, steph, and tmac.

Houstunna and RayRay10 like this.
  10. plates300

plates300 Member

Great listen. James Harden has MASTERED his craft, to the point where, I believe, everyone takes it for granted.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

all that hate they have for Harden destroying teams with skill...these idiot casual fans and the garbage media had better keep that same energy for Doncic

hate Harden, but love white Harden for doing the same thing...

all that dissecting of every Harden stepback...all that crying about seeking contact and drawing fouls...KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY

12. Caprah

Caprah Member

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Harden’s really good.

fallenphoenix, photojoe, j3i and 9 others like this.
  14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

And Marquesse Chriss... oh wait you said peers. N/M

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

lebrons puppet lol

I think nba players respect Lebron the player but I don’t think they have as much in common off the floor with him as they do with Harden.

Not to mention harden Lebron and luka all play the game pretty similar. There all basically big scoring PGs with elite playmaking.

Lebron stopped being complimentary towards Harden as soon as James left Nike and went to adidas.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Getting so sick of this walking-talking buffett. The man's disdain for Harden is only dimishished by his appetite for see-food.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wow this guy is very insightful and articulate. Nice catch.

PDXPal, Richie_Rich, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

no layups tho...

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Two of his closest friends have been burned by the rockets and he probably feels James had a hand in it.

20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

And, of course, Doncic is with Nike.