1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronic] Fran's Blog

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xomox, Jul 16, 2007.

1. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i like morey's quotes.
    http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/2007/07/i_love_a_parade_will_the_rocke.html

I love a parade. Will the Rockets throw one?
    Daryl Morey had just gotten off the plane from Las Vegas and another successful Rockets showing at the NBA Summer League when he told me he was worried.

The reason was that I had just congratulated him on reeling in Luis Scola from the Spurs.

"I don't know how all of this positive feedback I'm getting on Scola is gonna effect me," Morey said with a chuckle. "It seems like in the past, the moves I made in Boston that eventually worked out were the ones where everybody bashed me. Drafting Delonte West, Al Jefferson. There were others. Now I've been having everybody pat me on the back over the last couple of days, so I'm getting worried."

Well, there's always Aaron Brooks, who wasn't exactly welcomed warmly by the majority of fans when the Rockets passed on Glen Davis and Josh McRoberts and others to pluck the little speedburner with the No. 26 pick. "Why do we need another midget guard?" was a popular question that night.

Of course, now Brooks has been named the most outstanding player in a summer league included a guy named Kevin Durant, and the Rockets world is full of blue skies and sunshine again.

So, here's the question: How much have they improved?

Last season, the Rockets finished with 52 wins and the fifth-best record in the NBA, but were never truly among the elite.

Now, with all of the pied-eyed optimism of a summer day at the beach, have they taken a serious few steps closer to becoming real contenders? Should I be looking to stake out an early spot for my lawnchair on a downtown street corner for the parade next June?

Have the Rockets closed the gap on the newly-crowned champion Spurs? Or moved up on the 67-win playoff bellyfloppers in Dallas?

Let's keep it simple. Just rank the Texas teams and tell us why.

2. superden

superden Contributing Member

Horrible move Morey. HORRIBLE. I hope this helps :D

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If Morey is more comfortable with his moves being bashed, I'd be more than happy bashing them.

OMG! THAT TRADE SUCKED!
    OMG! THOSE DRAFT PICKS SUCK!
    OMG! JUWAN HOWARD IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MIKE JAMES!

I hope that helps as well.

But on a serious note, it's interesting that he's claiming responsibility for the Celtics picking Delonte West and Al Jefferson. Those are two of the few bright spots on the Celtics record in recent years.

4. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

And Ryan Gomes.

Scalabrine? Long contract, but not that expensive.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

a whole of name dropping there :D

6. zforrest

zforrest Member

I wish Fran would just fall off the face of the earth.

7. MONON

MONON Member

How dare him!! Sending the Greek T-Mac to a division rival!! :eek:

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Where did he claim responsibility for Ryan Gomes and Scalabrine? Did Ainge do anything there? I had always heard Scalabrine was an Ainge move.

9. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

LOL

That should really help!!

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

scalabrine was more out of ainge's love for that brain typing quackery. scalabrine had the same brain type of bird or some nonsense like that.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So Morey's claiming credit for Al Jefferson?!