1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC Dick Justice] So that's why the Rockets could still use Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm not sold on this contract year argument. I think TMac would take less money to join the Spurs or Lakers or any other top contenders it meant a championship run. Rebuilding teams with lots of money aren't going to throw big money at TMac. And he obviously wouldn't want to go to a team that has a slim chance to win a title.

2. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

This guy is absolutely right. Tmac is the best entry passer we have. Yao plays much better with Tmac on the floor.

3. lz56

lz56 Member

since the time tracy saying he could get out of first round/get a compionship if he was playing with shaq/garnett..., he is done as a rockets.
    i cant remember the exact wording, but whatever.

4. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

his 23 million is deeply needed

5. rockets_fanatic

Stop brining up his contract. If his contract is the issue start another thread about what he is worth. There is no doubt the offer from the ROckets after one year will be less than what he is getting now. Rightfully so, I might add.

During the offseason he needs to watch MJ tapes. What I mean by that is to see him before he retired the first time, then watch him after, so Tracy can see how MJ changed his game when he realised his athletisicm isn't what it used to be,

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if he shows he can be reasonably healthy next year, contenders will pick him up. unlike iverson, tmac is an unselfish player who actually likes to pass and make plays for others.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think you're right. No team that isn't already close to being a contender would be dumb enough to give him a big contract at this stage. And the good teams probably wouldn't go much over the MLE for him.

We can look at what Iverson gets this summer -- my guess is McGrady will get something similar.

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I know I'm late with this but why is Richard Justice writing a sports blog about basketball. The man needs to just stick with Baseball and call it a day. Leave it up to Fran Richard :mad:

9. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

But you have to understand with mirofracture its a hit and miss it could go good or it could go bad. I think it all depends on how the rehab goes if that goes well then Tracy has a good chance of coming back and playing pretty well, if it doesn't his career is over for the most part.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You see TMAC becoming a RingWhore
    ala FailMan and Barkley?

Rocket River

11. t_mac1

it's the least extensive microfracture you can get. and apparently he has taken his rehab extremely seriously since he's going to be staying in chicago near his doctors and trainers all summer to cautiously and closely monitor his recovery. he knows how serious this situation is. this is his LAST chance in this league.

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

True its the least extensive microfracture, but if you put that to Tracy's body it may be just like the real tough one where it could take 12-16 months to come back. But only time will tell. I just hope he knows what kind of road is ahead of him and that this will be no where near easy. He have to keep his head into it because you know how quick it is for Tracy to get down on hiself and just give up.

13. t_mac1

it looks like he's on pace to be back early next yr at the latest. at least he has said in recent interviews he has been working out his upper body and doing some other exercises to keep in shape.

as long as this surgery can reduce the soreness in his left knee, he should be ok. i don't expect tracy to be a superstar again though. but 07-08 is a reasonable expectation.

14. T-mac&Yao=RING

At the start of the 07-08 season he was playing like a superstart.

47 points in Utah
    avg. 29 points
    shooting a nice fg%

It wasn't till he got hurt then his game start to fall way off.

15. t_mac1

20, 5, 5 is very doable for tracy, even at this stage of his career. he just has to learn how to be smarter playing the game (more post ups, midrange, taking more open 3s rather than contested...). he has the skills (midrange game) to prolong his career. it's whether he's committed to make that change.

and there remains only a handful of guys who can put up 20, 5, 5.

16. aakhan786

aakhan786 Contributing Member

D-WADE

17. 1individual

1individual Member

He had practically no one else who would help him at that time. Now we have a ton of weapons in our arsenal.

18. t_mac1

man it's so sad carmelo anthony, a lazy player, will get out of the first round before tracy.

19. T-mac&Yao=RING

Tracy just dones't have luck on his side.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Textbook example of:

The Standard THROW ALL HIS TEAMMATES UNDER THE BUS defense from the TMac fans

Rocket River